hello all, im trying to fix our leadwell vmc25 that has a meldas m50 control. the battery died during the year. so after searching the forums i have managed to load the parameters back into the machine, aswell as the ladder that was stored in the rom. the tool changer wouldnt work at all until the tool change program was written back into 9001 and i told it what tool was in the spindle and what the current position of the carrosuel was (plc r1954 r1984) because it doesnt have a home sensor for the carrosuel.

it will tool change perfectly from the position screen when you enter ...T1 :input: M6 :input:

but if i try to tool change in MDI or in a program i get an error P232 No program no. according to the books, it means it cant find the subprogram.

i had the 1166 fixpro parameter set to 1 for writing the 9001 program and the m6 command is installed into the macro parameter section as it should be.

any ideas?, only thing i can think of is that there is a hex value in the plc if equilivant to 9001 that tells the ladder where to look?

thanks

mick