586,357 active members*
3,633 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Anyone out there using BobCad with a Bridgeport EzTrak?

Anyone out there using BobCad with a Bridgeport EzTrak?

Loaded the part I built in BobCad into the o. Tried to run it cutting air. Set my Z 0 for top of the imaginary part, hit run and the first thing the quill did was go to the top of its travel and give an error message. BobCad has two posting files for EzTrak, one tha I think is just
    g-code and one that leads me to believe it is conversational.
    I selected the non conversational post processor.
    Anybody have experience in this area?
    I am new to cnc and eztrak.

You may also want to ask Machine Specific questions here Bridgeport and Hardinge Mills

Make sure the retract clearance in the program is less than what the machine will retract to. If it's more, it will error. At least this is how it was on a Trak mill I use to run.

Re: Anyone out there using BobCad with a Bridgeport EzTrak?

Yes, I may be able to help. It may be dependent on your EZtrack's motherboard. I have an EZtrak DX with a 3rd axis added. I also have a newer EMI motherboard replacement.
    They are the go to: Electro-Mechanical Integrators people to keep your machine running. Before contacting me, consider just milling the hole diameters you need. If you need to drill, read on...

I have been with BobCAD from versions 17, 18, 19.6 and then 23, 24, and now 26. My EZtrack had no issues with the earlier versions, which they STOPPED supporting. I would say more about that, though I will refrain from bad language...

The newer versions 23-27, will handle arcs and most of the geometry. It will likely, not handle any of your Drill & Tap "canned cycles", (G81 - G89). I needed the PECK functions to work. So, if you intend to do any drilling/boring functions, you need to use a combination of my re-written post processor, and side step options BobCAD presents to you, through there windows (JobTree). Once BobCAD changed too their awkward select function first, then select geometry... for many of us things went downhill. It is not enough to just rewrite a Post Processor, as their software will automatically place code into the mix, and cause your EZtrack to hang.

You can contact me at [email protected]

I will then email you the Post, and pictures of window entries to avoid, and/or change. You will need to tell me which version you have.
    This will give you back your Bridgeport, with all of BobCAD newer versions. If you have a Post Processor which can eliminate the need to
    side step and/or use different window options, I would be very interested in working with you.

Please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Steve Clayton