I recently downloaded an upgrade to my now long in the tooth version of MadCam, especially looking forward to the V-carve toolpaths listed in the "features" section of the website. Unfortunately, I'm completely stumped. I don't know how to create a v-bit in the cutter library. How do I give a bottom radius or diameter to a v-bit? Beyond that, I simply don't see a specific "V-carve" option and "along curves" doesn't really tell me anything. "V-carving" implies the ability to vary depth along the path, to have a start depth and flat depth. Don't see any evidence of that.

Is there a tutorial somewhere, or instructions? I can't seem to find one on the website either. Although I don't expect to do much "artistic" cam operations, I will do the odd inlay or lettering. I am especially interested in being able to v-carve inlay wood. If you don't know what I am referring to, please see:

D07 - VCarve Inlay Technique - YouTube

This technique allows you to make sharp inside curves, and is indispensable to anyone doing wood inlay. I don't expect to have all the convenient automatic features that V-Carve Pro has for this work. MadCam is not an artistic package. I understand that. Still, I should be able to manually recreate these steps. I am not sure where to even begin.

Does anyone have experience with this they can share, or point me in the direction of a tutorial?

Thanks.