586,129 active members*
3,016 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > What are the Pros/Cons/Differences between TS3040c and 3040T?

What are the Pros/Cons/Differences between TS3040c and 3040T?

I am looking to buy a chinese CNC and have been looking through Ebay, comparing specs and doing as much research as I can. I like the fact that the TS3040C has ball screw, higher RPM, more accuracy, 80mm height, fully usable 300x400 workspace and 4th axis also comes with it.

I wish to mainly work with alloy, and I am aware that these machines have to be taken slow, but is one better than the other? Or is it worth going up to a 6040, even if I don't require that table size?

One of my concerns are that although the TS3040C appears to be a "better" machine than the 3040T, I am concerned that the cable driven spindle motor on the TS3040C may not be as durable as the directly driven 3040T spindle.

Any help or suggestions on machine choice or possible mods to improve a cheaper machine etc. are very much appreciated!

Thanks Guys
    Brayden

Re: What are the Pros/Cons/Differences between TS3040c and 3040T?

The only thing I can suggest is DON`T DO IT ! Personally I would look for an American or German made machine second hand. Things To consider , Service , Support , Availibility of parts , Quality of materials used in the construction of said machine & spares if you can get them. The age old adage is " Buy Cheap , Buy Twice ". The Chinese machine will most likely do what you want it to but for how long ?. Think carefully before you get your wallet out as you may just end up with an expensive paper weight !

Yeah I can understand exactly where you are coming from, although for the $800-$1200AUD in consideration and what parts we have to make/engrave, it will be money back in pocket fairly quickly and the machine won't be doing much more than milling through 3mm alloy, chamfering it and engraving it.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to be able to do more on it than just that although it is not necessary.

Mind you this will be my first CNC and I'm only picking the CAD and CAM up by watching youtube video's (All you need to learn anything these days, along with forums lol), So if I enjoy using it or want to take it to the next level then I will do so, but for now all I would like to know is a bit more than just "SPECS" on the TS3040C and it's actual working capabilities.

I have noticed most parts/upgraded parts for these chinese machines are available on ebay anyway, so I'm guessing I could still spend a lot less $$$ and get a very close result to a more expensive machine.

Did you buy one of these? I bought the TS3040C, it came with a corrupt disc so I have no way of knowing what the ports and pin set ups are. Could you send them to me if you bought it.

Do you have the port and pin set ups for the TS3040C motor inputs and outputs? I bought it and it came with a corrupt disc and can't use it until I get the set ups.

Quote Originally Posted by avtechnician View Post
    I am looking to buy a chinese CNC and have been looking through Ebay, comparing specs and doing as much research as I can. I like the fact that the TS3040C has ball screw, higher RPM, more accuracy, 80mm height, fully usable 300x400 workspace and 4th axis also comes with it.

I wish to mainly work with alloy, and I am aware that these machines have to be taken slow, but is one better than the other? Or is it worth going up to a 6040, even if I don't require that table size?

One of my concerns are that although the TS3040C appears to be a "better" machine than the 3040T, I am concerned that the cable driven spindle motor on the TS3040C may not be as durable as the directly driven 3040T spindle.

Any help or suggestions on machine choice or possible mods to improve a cheaper machine etc. are very much appreciated!

Thanks Guys
    Brayden

Hi avtechnician,
    As you have mentioned, the TS3040C comes with the flexible cable driven motor.Although it can spin at 20K rpm
    the flexible spring cable may not last and may be hard to get replacements. I think it would save you a lot of trouble if you get the 3040T with the
    air cooled spindle, you can upgrade to more powerful one when needed. In fact most newer models of various sizes comes with them. My friend has a 6040 model first generation with this flexible cable spindle and has yet to get it working from day one. I think it has to do with the controller box, it seems the newer parallel port PCs is putting out 3.3 volts signals than the older PCs with 5 volts ttl signals. The newer controller boxes may not have this problem.

The disadvantage of the flexible cable spindle is that you need to hang/ suspend the motor above the machine much like the saline drip bottle on a stand
    in hospitals. Haha. So you need to find a suitable stand or make one from steel tubing from clothes hangers or mop handles using the extensions to get
    height or wooden ones. Also use a thick S hook to hang the motor and secure the hook from movement by tying or tape.