586,103 active members*
3,819 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V27 Training Professor vs V26

V27 Training Professor vs V26

I recently purchased Bobcad V27. I have no idea what I'm doing lol.

I have manual experience, very little CNC, and no CAD.

Looking at the pricing for Version 27 Training Professor, V26 training is MUCH cheaper. I probably should have gone with V26 like I originally requested as I just want to program for a benchtop 3 axis.

If I bought V26 training, will that get me where I need to be for the bulk of CAD work if I am actually using V27?

Re: V27 Training Professor vs V26

Is it standard or pro V27

I would buy 27 video's if you have 27

and

watch these https://www.youtube.com/user/Depoalo...view=0&sort=dd

I would estimate about 95% of the CAD and CAM functions are the same between V26 and V27. The 5% difference is quite a bit different though, so it would depend on how good you in general with adapting to new programs on your computer. If you're a more advanced computer user, the 5% difference would be manageable to understand and you could probably get by with the V26 training. If you aren't that great with computers to start with, it may be very challenging if the training series doesn't match the software perfectly.

There are also plenty of getting started videos like those jrmach posted a link to. In my opinion, that's the best place to start. If you feel lost after following the various videos you find on the internet, you may then start to consider the training series specific to V27. If you want, you can also post questions here in the forums and you'll get very specific advice on how to use the software as well. There are many helpful users here that can give you some step by step for specific parts or operations you are trying to figure out.

Also, the core of the modeling is still pretty much the same as it's been for at least 4 or 5 years now, so you can probably do most of the operations from, say, V24 in V27. It's more that they added new ways to do things as well. If you find a V25 video that relates to what you want to do, it probably is very much the same in V27. The CAD tree is the main new item in V27 for drawing, so older videos won't have that part covered. You can see how it works in V27 videos though, and then apply that knowledge to the V24, V25 or V26 videos you find. Just watch a lot of Youtube and you'll see what I mean. They are mostly the same from a CAD perspective.

For CAM, V26 videos will be the most similar to V27 videos. There was a new system for creating toolpaths called DMS added in V26, and it's still the same in V27, so most V26 and V27 toolpath jobs get created the same way. There are just more options to control the toolpaths in V27 than there were in V26, so you just have to figure out what the new options are and how they affect the result. Most are well labeled and pretty obvious what they should do, but again you can always ask questions here.

Quote Originally Posted by RAF. View Post
    Is it standard or pro V27
    Standard 3 axis mill

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    I would buy 27 video's if you have 27

and

watch these https://www.youtube.com/user/Depoalo...view=0&sort=dd
    I would be interested in v27, but I'm a bit put off at the $495 price, when v26 is <$200.

I am proficient with computers. It's been a while since I have used a PC. I used to build them, but moved over to the mac years ago.

Sometimes/often the list price is negotiable, especially at the end of the month.......