Quote Originally Posted by James Newton View Post
You make steam trains. Or are making a steam train. How cool is that? Pictures?
Yes and no James, this is from a selection of sample Gcode/CRV file from the Vectric Home page and it's really good to use as a test for the machine but I have almost made enough of them for a complete set and so I may continue and make the rest of it as a little project.
A note on the positive side is your suggestion re the corroded printer port socket was on the ball as I've given it a good working over like you said and the machine is up and running without missing a beat at this stage.
I will make some more train wheels as a further reliability test so that Loco may be made sooner rather than later.

The only other issue is some Gcode I produce from an old CAD program I have that exports DXF formatted files that I use in Vectrics Cut2D still miss steps for some reason, I may need to get some later software for that but can't afford it at the moment. Do you know of a good free Drawing packege that I could start with?

What I really made the machine for was to make Perspex templates for my wife for her Patchwork Quilts and also because I just like making things.
Thanks for your help.

Nico.