I've been looking for a machine, I've read as much as I can about the FADAL 15 and think that is a good fit for a first VMC. I have experience with manual machines, but not CNC. Anyway, found a machine in California, from the Fadal Parts site (sales person). It's sort of a rush decision, and I am not sure about buying sight-unseen. But I can't travel all over the U.S. looking for a machine. So feel like I have to take a chance. Have only photo so far, and I asked for video and more details. I'm told machine is already disconnected, I know the spec's.but not the condition? They want $1K to do a machine inspection (again its not under power)?. So not sure if that is worth spending or not? So I really don't know the condition good or bad, only that it was running when disconnected, so I'm told. Sale price around 15K. Basic machine from '97 with no 4th or upgrades that I know of. Deal is supposed to include shipping to Atlanta. I justt have to arrange the unload.

Any opinions welcome and wanted,, I have to make a decision Y or N pretty fast.. Maybe today. Trying to decide if it is a worthy risk? Give it to me straight.. What is the worst case scenario if it is worn out? Hard to imagine buying a 17 yr old machine, but what I've read they are tough and easy to fix. (compared to other brands). And can't find anything in my city or close to that price. Anyone have past experience with this company in CA?

Thanks, Noyrt