586,180 active members*
3,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile Like Bob I'm Anxious:

Well Hello all,

Here I am like Bob waiting fro the machine I ordered today. I ordered the turnkey CNC mill with the rotary table, belt drive. getting some other stuff down the road. Paul quoted about 60 days for delivery. I have a large metal table that I am going to mount it on. (5' x 12' of 1/4" steel. should hold it and give room for all kinds of tool storage along side. I'm looking for source for mounting plate and 4 jaw chuck to go on the rotary table. also any one have any plans or suggestions where I can find plans for enclosures for this sweet machine. I don't have welding equipment so I will contract it here. I see the one on CNC cookbook made from plywood, not sure I want to go that way, but do like the open ends for long stuff. At this point it is just planning stage and looking for ideas and suggestions .

in the next few days I will work on learning on how to post vids to this site, then when things happen I will document with both pics and vids. I will try to be as through as Bob was.

And to the distractors out there, I like what I bought and don't give a damn about your thoughts about what I decided to buy and do!!

Larry in north bend Or.

Re: Like Bob I'm Anxious:

Larry, Good luck with your new machine!

I too purchased the same turnkey CNC machine last year. With my day job and family requirements, I haven't had time to post pics or my CNC saga - will get to that someday. Have had my share of machine frustrations. I'm not the type to give up, but wish the "turnkey" really meant "turnkey," not Caution: Semi-Turnkey - may require routine finessing. I agree with you that Bob La Londe's thread: "ANXIETY - New Charter Oak Machine" was thorough (though I'm a bit embarrassed since I went against Bob's suggestion to look at a different machine like Novakon before I purchased the COA CNC).

Fortunately we have a wealth of information on the various forums like CNCZone to seek help. Looking forward to your saga (and pics).