i am currently using a roland mdx 40a milling machine and its not intended for metal work but i have been using it anyway...its extremely slow but i have no choice at the moment.

we have been getting a lot of jobs that are calling for sheet metal (max thickness 20 guage)to be cut in small very detailed shapes like for jewelry so im thinking maybe i should buy another machine just for cutting the sheet metal and leave my roland mill for 3d milling that it was intended for.

im very new to this but based on the fact that all my lasers are co2(cant cut metal) and we have an extremely limited budget so we cant buy a waterjet, im thinking a small desktop cnc router might do the trick...i would need something with a very small footprint(it would be for like jewelry so a very small bed is fine) actually the smaller the better because my desk space is seriously limited..it would need to be powerful enough to cut 20 or 24 guage sheet aluminum , brass and copper fairly quickly, just basic cutting of detailed shapes , i wont use it for engraving or relief work, simply to cut these very small, detailed sheet metal pieces .

anyway, does anyone know if such a machine exists? if so would it cut faster than my current mill because its extremely slow when i try to do this.