586,352 active members*
3,538 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: G112

G112

Hello! I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question, but I have hit a stumbling block! I am trying to use codes G112 and G113 on a Fanuc O-T operated lathe. But when I enter the codes it comes up with Undefined code! What am I missing, as I am sure it should be able to use these commands. Any help you can provide will be greatfully recieved.

Many Thanks

g112 and g113 I believe are optional interpolation codes. Check the manual to be sure though.

Try G12.1(G112), and if it is still not working check your machine parameter.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

I have tried 12.1 and it still does not work! I am new to this lathe and fanuc O-T. What machine parameter should I be looking at?

Many Thanks for your help

Need Cash

Quote Originally Posted by CatCAD View Post
    I have tried 12.1 and it still does not work! I am new to this lathe and fanuc O-T. What machine parameter should I be looking at?

Many Thanks for your help

You don't have the Polar Interpolation option, It is a 9000 parameter that Fanuc will charge you about 2500.00 bucks to come in and turn it on. I do not have that particular one or I would givie it to you. But some one on this sight may have it.
    Do you have the live tooling with a programable C axis? depending on the MB some of those types of machines come with the Polar interp standard and othrs it is an extra option

Bluesman

Hello Bluesman!

Yes I have the Live Tooling with a programable C-axis. Is there somewhere that I can check if this 9000 parameter is included on my machine?

or

If any one does know of said 9000 parameter ..... and would be willing to share (group) I would be extreemly grateful.

Thanks again

C@

hey
    i have a yama seiki with live tooling with a Fanuc Oi control. look at system parameters 5460=1 and 5461=3. these are the settings on my lathe. best of luck
    Gerry