Hey there! I am new to CNCZone. I have searched all over this site to see if someone had a similar problem to mine, but I am not seeing anything. I am really hoping someone can help!

I just bought a 50 watt Chinese laser from Ebay and it got here on Wednesday (pic below). I have run through aligning the lasers, etc and everything from that standpoint seems fine.

The issue I am having is that my laptop does not seem to recognize the machine at all, to the point that it does not even know I plugged anything in. I also tried plugging in a thumb drive to the Udrive port, but when I try to pull up a file from there, it says no files found.

I have opened up the side and used a new USB cable and gone straight from my laptop into the board where they all plug in to. So, I know it's not a bad cable somewhere in the chain.

When I emailed the seller, he told me it's because I have a laptop and that I should try a desktop computer instead. While I have no experience with Chinese lasers, I have been in IT for almost 15 years, and I don't see how changing from a laptop to a desktop could have any impact. If I had a desktop computer, I would try it...but, my house has 4 laptops and no desktops!

Does anyone have any insight into what this could be, or has anyone else run into this? The only thing I can think is either that the board itself is bad, or does this laser not work with Windows 8 or something?

Any help or insight anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laser1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	260548