Hello all,

New here on CNC. Wonderful forum with lots of information.

I need some help though. I have been looking into getting a laser engraver for a few weeks now. I have done tons of researching and I feel I'm no closer to purchasing than when I first started. I'm interested in a laser catered more to the hobbyist than the professional in the 2K-4K USD range. I have read many reviews and seen lots of youtube videos on the China lasers but my biggest concern is support and the ability to hit the ground running as fast as possible. Keep in mind that I don't have any laser engraver / CNC machine experience.

Although I feel the China lasers engravers would satisfy my needs, the chinglish instructions, machine operations translation and lack of support is not something I care to deal with again. I have ordered Chinese re-work machinery in the past and although I had some support from other US users on forums who purchased the same machinery, I have not found this to be the the same with laser engravers. With that being said, I'm more tempted to go towards a US based machine but at my price point it seems my options are limited. The only machine that I have found in my price range is the Full Spectrum 40W/45W CO2 Hobby Laser 5th gen: 20"x12. Unfortunately after reading several thread on here and over at sawmillcreek it seems Full Spectrum's customer support is quite flaky. So my questions are this:

Has Full Spectrum support improved?
Is this the best I can do for my money given the circumstances above?
Are there any other US based machine in my price range I have overlooked?
Would it be wise to purchased a re-branded China machine with US support? If yes, from who?

Now onto what i want to use the machine for. I would like to engrave electronics and accessories. Examples would be iphones, ipads, laptops, back covers and such. I also would like to engrave on painted aluminum boxes such as a hammond 1590b electrical box.
Last I would like to cut acrylic.

Features I'm interested in are Auto focus and red dot laser pointer.

I look forward any recommendations you veterans have.

Thank You!