586,383 active members*
3,610 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

My new enclosure

Thought you might be interested in the enclosure I have just built for my IMService router.

Regards

David

Visit my website - Scale Replicas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc 2.jpg  

Nice enclosure, Should do very well at controlling the chips and dust.
    Robbie

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

David,

I like your enclosure!!! Are you using aluminum angle or channel? What are the panels? I was thinking of something like this only using clear lexan.

I have all the parts for a 12" x 12" all plastic cnc router using a Dremel tool. I am going to cut (table saw) the parts out today. It will be a learning experience for me and I figure I can't go to wrong.

Visited your site and have to say I'm really impressed with your model building skills!!

Let me know when you get Joe's kit so I can follow your progress.

William

It 8020 quick frame components that I bought from them on ebay. Excellent serivice from them. The panels are mostly 1/4" plywood that I painted white, with the exception of the top which is 1/4" acrylic and white HDPE along with the front door which is acrylic with hinges, handle and magnetic catch from Home Depot. I made it so that the bottom plywood panel that the router sits on is not connected to the enclosure which allows me to lift the enclosue of for maintence of the maching without having to try to lift the machine out the front door. The 8020 quick frame has a recess in its profile the the bottom panel fits into giving a great seal. I have to say I am extremly pleased with the enclosure as it completely controls the dust (along with the vacuum attacment on the router) and also significantly reduces noise.

I am planning making a larger scale variant for Joe's router.

The IMService router is a great little router with capabilty way beyond it's size and can do up to 175 ipm!

Check out Vectric's V-Carve software which is really excellent not just for V-carving signs but also a lot more (I am currently building a wooden clock using).

I will let you know when I get Joe's kit and if you could do the same.

Glad you liked the website (I have another one as well for my other interest - underwater photography - www.digitaloceans.net

David