586,337 active members*
3,871 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile Easy Cad Cam software

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a CAD/CAM software similar to PlasmaCam, easy to use and very practical. the way it works is very straight forward.

1- you import DXF file
    2- Application displays a full screen work area view just like a canvas
    3- you can copy, paste, rotate, resize, cut/link paths, draw new shape and manipulate parts anyway you like all within the same application.
    4- then you can convert lines to cut paths
    5- after that you can start cutting your parts, you don't have to regenerate paths or anything else. You can randomly select any object on the screen and just cut it.

So far, this is the easiest Cad-Cam controller software i've ever used, it works on the same concept of graphics applications such as Adobe Illustrator, FreeHand, CorelDraw, etc.. but instead of printing your artwork, you cut it. Other controller software such as Mach3, flashCut and the rest are not as intuetive as PlasmaCam.

I can modify my machine design to use any motion hardware that can support similar software, anything in the price range from 1 - 2000 US Dollars is OK with me.

do you have plasmaCam?

Hi Aldoseri,

Are you looking to run 2D and 3D jobs on your machine?
    What type of projects will you be cutting and in what materials?

You might look at VCarve Pro - Free Trial Download - that will do general 2D pocketing, profiles + tabs, drilling, engraving and vcarving ++ lots more.

The Trial version lets you run sample files on your machine to test the postp output is compatible with your controller.

There's also a Free 3D Machining program from Vector Art 3D Machinist - Download - that also lets you experiment with cutting 2.5D models.

Hope this might be of interest,

Tony

WebCruiser, yes, I used to have PlasmaCam but i sold it few months ago

Tony Mac, I'm aware of VCarve, it is a very capable post processor, but what i'm looking for is a controller software, I'm now looking into Ability system's Indexer LPT and G Code controller + HPGL Controller. they sound very promising but any feedback is welcom. As of Vector Art 3D, I will download and see how it works.

Thank you guys

have you heard about NewCam? I only heard this name, have not
    tried it.