I'm adding an electro mechanical estop circuit to my existing K2 cnc router with Gecko 320DC drives. I'm basing it on the diagram on the Gecko website that I've attached below. Not having much experience with electronics there are some points I'm confuseded about.

I wrote Gecko support and asked if the filter cap "C" in their diagram was the filter caps in my power supply or a seperate component. The answer I received was that it was independant of the power supply Caps. Wouldn't that place the new cap in parallel with the PS caps and change their value? Would this change the PS Caps operation or would the effect it be negligable?

I had also asked if there was a formula that would indicate what value the new power dump cap should be if running a 24vdc system, but didn't get an answer. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I can't implement this system without knowing the correct value.

As a side note, I had read somewhere that when changing 24vac to dc with a rectifier, the voltage was increased by a factor of 1.4. Therefore 24vac becomes 34vdc. I later measured them both with a volt meter and no increase occurred. 24vac became 24vdc. I guess it pays to actually measure!

Thanks