Ok Tormach Geniuses out there. Getting ready to order my Tormach Series III ----- Yeah Me.......Sorry bank account.,......

I used to have a Fadal VMC15, however, never was a true machinist on it. We got talked into purchasing it vs a smaller machine and it was always an intimidating beast in the corner. At that time I purchased a full seat of CAMWorks 2.5, 3 and 4th axis. I let my subscription run out which means I have no support help on setting up the post processor for the CAM side (also having issues with Java updates screwing up the program). However, this program is also a part of SolidWorks or as CAMWorks calls it. "CAMWorks Solids". Basically the same program as SolidWorks it's just all wrapped into one. CAMWorks I feel is waaaay more program than I need to run a hobby CNC in my garage. I called CAMWorks recently and it's going to cost me $2,500.00 to re-instate the maintenance on my key.

So, my question to the folks out there, is if you were in my shoes would you:

(1) Update the CAMWorks key ($2,500.00 - for maintenance per year) and call it a day

(2) Keep the CAMWorks key as it is right now (no maintenance), run the solids in CAMWorks and purchase Sprutcam ($1,250.00 - not sure how much maintenance is per year) at the same time I buy my machine?

If I go with option (2) my plan would be to eventually purchase a freestanding license from SolidWorks. Not sure what that runs now a days.

What do ya think?

Yes, I know that this should go in the software section. However, I am really looking at how it relates to use on the Tormach.

Thanks