Here's my enclosure I made for my Taig CNC machine. It's modular so it could work for any benchtop mill/lathe. I absolutely love 80/20 extruded aluminum. Sure, it's costs more than wood, but nothing is permanent about it. For example, if I want to add a side door, or change the front doors to bi-fold, or add shelves, attachments, etc. it's no problem. It's future proof. I designed the LED's to be hidden from your eyes and fire at a 45 degree angle. Since they go fully across the top and down the sides, the lighting is easy on the eyes, no harsh shadows, and as you can see, they light up the machine workspace nicely. For the middle section, I chose an overkill 3"x1" material on purpose so that if I ever want to add flood coolant, there's a whole extra free T-slot row to use as we please for a catch tray or anything. I also used this to take advantage of the 2" vertical rails to mount the mill on which can be adjusted to accommodate different machine footprints. For fun sometime down the line, I may even add ball bearing rollers so I can slide the Taig forward or back on the rails I envisioned this 2 years ago and finally got it designed and built. I'm stoked!

If anyone is interested, I made a deal with 80/20 to offer the enclosure kits for us at a lower cost than the materials would be alone, plus all of the parts cut to size by them, including the panels with corner notches, and shipped to you directly. I was really impressed with their packaging for shipping. They went the extra mile to protect all of it. The aluminum cutting they did was clean and perfect length. Assembly goes together fast. If requested, I can make an owner's manual for assembly.