586,983 active members*
3,744 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Need help for centurion6

Need help for centurion6

Hi!I need help! I have an electric cabinet equiped with Centurion6, but I have no wire connected. (see photograph) So I would like to find the diagram that would show(indicate) me how to connect all the wires. Thanks for helping me. Best regards hernault

Re: Need help for centurion6

That is going to be a big project but here is a wiring diagram for a vertical machining center:

Thank you very much for answering so quickly and for your help. There are a few things I don't understand. I think I need the " CHANGE TO PC-REL -02 RELAY CARD" diagram because I can't connect the wires on this card. I also need the "INTERFACE PLUGS DESIGNATION" document. Thanks a lot for answering. Best regards hernault

What machine are you wiring this panel to run? Do you have the remainder of the control parts such as the front panel, the relays, the spindle drive, etc., that you will need?

Starting from from scratch to wire up a machine control is a non-trivial process.

The wiring diagram that I posted will give you the all information you will need for THAT kind of a machine using the Centurion 6 control with Cent6 software. Any other machine, control, or software will require an engineering project that is probably not worth the work.

Hi ZZZZ. Thank you for your answer. The machine i want to retrofit is a hernault somua. It's a little french machine, i give a picture. I only have 3 servo motors with their servodrive, the pc with centurion6 and some electronic parts lke relay, contactors. I don't have the front panel but i have a wiring keyboard and a screen directly on the pc and it's fonctionnal. But I don't have the buttons: Cycle start, CW, CCW....this is my problem. I need to know which contact those buttons make on the pc. Those informations are not on the drawings you gave me. I will look for them. Best regards. Hernault. PS: Sorry about my English. I am French, I hope you understand

Maybe this will help:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi ZZZZ. Fantastic, that's what i needed. I'm so impatient of wiring all the cabinet for testing. At the moment I'm purchasing the big contactor of the 3 servodrives. thanks a lot. Hernault.

Hi ZZZZ.
    I don't know how to wire the time relay in picture.
    I didn't see it in any page of diagram you sent.
    Could help me please?
    hernault.

I'm sorry, I have no idea. That timer relay is not part of the Milltronics electronics panel.

Here is a link to the Graingers web site for that relay, I think you can see how it is wired from the photo in the link:

DAYTON Repeat Cycle Octal Base Timer, 120VAC Coil Volts, Contact Form':' DPDT - Single Function Time-Delay Relays - 1A367'|'1A367 - Grainger Industrial Supply

Hi ZZZZ I know how it's wired but I don't understand what it is made for. I have 2 ideas. 1) We can see on the picture (doc 1) that the 24vcc power supply is delivered on the pc even when it's not finished to start because the power is sent to the pc and the transformer at the same time . May that cause damage to the pc? Perhaps the time delay relay permits the pc to start before the 24Vcc arrives in the pc? 2) We can see on the picture (doc 3) that the oil pump works all the time when the machine is running . The machine doesn't need to be fed pemanently with oil. So does the time delay relay used in the mode repeat cycle (doc4) limit the pump? Other questions: could you tell me to what the x-in7 exit is wired (doc2)? What is the cnc wait channel (nb 79 on the diagram)? to what device must it be wired? Thank you for all your answers. Best regards. hernault.

That relay is NOT a Milltronics item, it will NOT be on the wiring diagram. Somebody else used it for something like a wash-down pump, or a coolant pump, or a lube system, or an oil skimmer, or something else that they wanted to turn on and off with a time delay.

The original lube pump was powered anytime the machine was in the Re-Set state, E-Stop will drop out the 110vac from TB57 and remove power from the pump and other things. There were at least two styles of lube pumps - the older style had a clock motor turning a cam-driven piston to pump oil into the lines and the newer style had run/wait timers built-in to it. There was no need for a separate relay.

The X-in-7 Wait Channel input is used whenever you want the control to pause until something happens that provides a signal back to the control indicating that the something is finished and it is safe for the program to continue.
    For example, you have a hydraulic clamp on a fixture. You don't want the program to run until the clamping pressure is up, so you put a pressure switch on the line to the clamp with the output from the switch going to X-in-7. You put an M32 in the program after the clamp command but before anything else so the program won't continue until the input gets the up-to-pressure signal.

On that control, the Inputs are looking for a 0vdc signal and the Outputs turn on a 0vdc signal.

I hope this answers your question.

Hi ZZZZ Yes, you answered perfectly to my questions. Thank you very much. You've been very helpful. I have another question if you are not fed up with helping me It seems there are 2 symbols for the relay. I don't understand why there are 2 symbols for the same thing (see picture). Thank you for your patience. hernault.

Here you are:

Hi. I don't understand why there is sometimes a relay coil and sometimes a solenoïde. I thought a relay coil was a solenoïde. Best regards. hernault.

I have to wonder if it is going to be worth your time and effort to do all this. After it is all said and done you will have a machine that will be totally un-supported. I Think if I was going to attempt to undertake such a project I would have tried to find a good parts machine with all the relays, servos, switches and wires at least somewhat intact. Besides, after you get this all done you will still want a control panel. I have never enjoyed trying to operate from a keyboard. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it may be difficult if you don't know the difference between a relay coil and the contacts that the coil controls. Keep us all posted, I anxiously await the sight of motion from this project. Since you are going to all this trouble, you may as well upgrade the computer and get that 486 motherboard out of there. (after you make the machine work).

https://www.hgrinc.com/productDetail...MC/08152000008
    you could buy this one and you would have an operator panel, not to mention a spindle drive and all the missing wires

HI everybody. Thank you for your interest. Indeed, I know it's a difficult project. I have bought connectors for the pc. I am waiting for their delivery. When everything is wired, I 'll keep you informed. Best regards