586,974 active members*
3,209 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Of Interest to Tormach Users

Here is a recent testimonial we have received on our TLOsetter, v 2.1 after we developed a version compatible with the Tormach® Digital Probe which operates in the Passive Mode.

To: CNCneeds

I have been using Tormach's® digital probe successfully for quite a while. I recently supplemented it with CNCneed's TLOsetter, v 2.1. Once you have one, you will wonder how you got along without it
    Since the TLOsetters come with software that automatically enters the TLO data directly into your tool-length table, there is no more possibility of misplaced decimal points or operator error. A few clicks is all it will take before you are back making chips.

Prior to the TLOsetter, I would have to run back to my office, get out my granite surface plate and z-height gauge, measure the tool, write down the number and the run back to the machine and enter the data. Now I just load the tool and use the TLOsetter. it has saved me hours in just the last few months.

I use the TLOsetter, v 2.1 for every new drilling, tapping, reaming and roughing operation I run. It has proven itself to have a repeatability often much tighter than +/- 0.001 so only on the most crucial operations, do I feel the need to double-check the results.

Geof

Founder and CEO, Everything Innovations LLC
    http:// everythinginnovations.com

Re: Of Interest to Tormach Users

How can you compare Tormach's probe, to a tool setter? I have BOTH a Probe and Electronic Tool Setter from Tormach, it works the same as yours? Why not compare apples to apples?

It sounds to me like they're basically saying "I've been using the Tormach probe and I wanted to use something similar to measure my tools". So, not a comparison of function, more like a comparison of operation.

There was no point made in the OP's thread, just Spam as far as I could read.

Ah, right you are.