587,028 active members*
3,181 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > 5 axis Upgraded NM200 V2 for sale

Hybrid View

Re: 5 axis Upgraded NM200 V2 for sale

Other than the stand and the readiness for the ATC, how does this machine differ from the newer pro? Seems like the travels at least are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by AVRnj View Post
    Other than the stand and the readiness for the ATC, how does this machine differ from the newer pro? Seems like the travels at least are similar.
    With having up graded the motor it is essentially set up as a pro. One difference is that the electrical panel is hard wired (screw terminals) on the NM 200 and the pro uses plug in connections.
    The travels are exactly the same, In fact I fabricated an extension for the front of my tray when I built the enclosure to gain about 1.5 inches of "Y" travel.
    It is my understanding that the ATC will be compatible with the NM line when all is said and done, but talk with Ray L or Novakon on that.
    The pro actually comes with the same stand that I have and the new stand is an added cost upgrade.
    My machine is set up for 5 axis machining and I am pretty sure that the Pro does not offer 5th axis as an option.
    I already have the PDB installed and have added a breaking resistor to stop the spindle in about 1.5 sec from 6000 rpm. again both added cost but in my mind necessary up-grades
    I hope that answers your question .
    Note to Novakon: If any of my information is incorrect please feel free to correct me.
    Ray Mc

Quote Originally Posted by ram48 View Post
    With having up graded the motor it is essentially set up as a pro. One difference is that the electrical panel is hard wired (screw terminals) on the NM 200 and the pro uses plug in connections.
    The travels are exactly the same, In fact I fabricated an extension for the front of my tray when I built the enclosure to gain about 1.5 inches of "Y" travel.
    It is my understanding that the ATC will be compatible with the NM line when all is said and done, but talk with Ray L or Novakon on that.
    The pro actually comes with the same stand that I have and the new stand is an added cost upgrade.
    My machine is set up for 5 axis machining and I am pretty sure that the Pro does not offer 5th axis as an option.
    I already have the PDB installed and have added a breaking resistor to stop the spindle in about 1.5 sec from 6000 rpm. again both added cost but in my mind necessary up-grades
    I hope that answers your question .
    Note to Novakon: If any of my information is incorrect please feel free to correct me.
    Ray Mc
    Thanks, that is very helpful. I am about 10 hours from you, makes it challenging but not impossible. I am going to look into what it would cost to rent something to transport it.

AVR
    I sent you a PM but I seem to be having issues with the outbox.
    let me know if you got the message.
    Ray

Yep, just replied, thanks. If you don't get my reply, let me know and we can try email, I got both of yours.