586,315 active members*
3,325 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Another new Novakon torus pro
Page 5 of 5 345

Re: Another new Novakon torus pro

Today I ordered aluminium profiles for an enclosure I've been working on. I did design one in sheet metal first. But the local guy with a water jet had to much stuff to do, so i just designed one in aluminium and polycarbonate instead. Looks a littlebit more hobbyish, but I'll be happy as long as a do not have to have chips and coolant all over the shop floor. Attachment 280076

Will probably not recieve all parts untill 2 weeks or so.But will post pics when I have it assembled.

Finally got the aluminium extrusions. The frame is assembled and I have placed in top of the mill to see that it fits. Had to make some minor changes and did some other changes in order to make it easier to install and remove. Going to put the polycarbonate sheets in today and hopefully install it on the mill.Attachment 281588Attachment 281590Attachment 281592Attachment 281594Attachment 281596

Excellent. No shortage of space in there.
    Lee

looks good, I've really got to get going on one like that for my pulsar. Looks pretty clean.

Made some progress on the cabinet. Windows are in. :-) Next is to attach a monitor to the left, install some lights and move the estop.

Attachment 281998

Man that looks great! I will eventually put a window or two in one end of mine so I can see the machine running from elsewhere in the shop. Mine has fiberglass panels everywhere except the doors. If yours is all polycarbonate, I know it was a small fortune. I even get a special rate from my plastics guy, but it still isn't cheap. Whatever you do, so not use Koolmist 77. I will be starting a test on my thread soon and you will eventually see why.
    Looking forward to the rest of the progress.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Man that looks great! I will eventually put a window or two in one end of mine so I can see the machine running from elsewhere in the shop. Mine has fiberglass panels everywhere except the doors. If yours is all polycarbonate, I know it was a small fortune. I even get a special rate from my plastics guy, but it still isn't cheap. Whatever you do, so not use Koolmist 77. I will be starting a test on my thread soon and you will eventually see why.
    Looking forward to the rest of the progress.
    Actually I thought the polycarbonate would be more expensive. Paid 3000NOK including shipping (380USD). The Doors are made from 4mm and the windows 2mm. So far I have spent about 1100USD on the whole thing.

If you have to get it shipped to you that is probably a decent price. Luckily I have 2 local suppliers so never have to pay shipping. In the last two weeks I have gone through 5 sheets a little larger then 2400x1200x3mm. Total cost was the same as you played for yours. About 360usd.

Ben

You are both getting great pricing. I usually pay about $100 for a sheet of 3/16" or 1/4" Lexan. That doesn't include shipping. It does include cutting the sheets down to the size I need. 20" x 24" is the package size. Pretty heavy stuff when you have a couple sheets in one package.

The cheapest I can source it locally is about $150 a sheet of 3/16". A bit more for 1/4".
    Lee

Almost finished. The touchscreen mounted and moved the E-stop switch to the outside.

Only need some rubber to seal the gap between the cabinet and the column and then it should be completed. I have made some modifications to the cabinet since I designed it. Will update the drawings and post them when they are done. Attachment 282490

Is that F...ing Path Pilot?

Kiding really. Looks absolutely professional.
    Lee

nope, missing the persistent bottom half of the screen with all the controls. Plus he has a vistacnc pendant hanging below it. With PP, that thing would be tucked away in a drawer (like mine is).

Nice enclosure, looks like you put a lot of thought into it.
    Tim
    Tormach 1100-3, Grizzly G0709 lathe, Clausing 8520 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Kiding really. Looks absolutely professional.
    Lee - that looks like the MSM screen from Calypso ventures

I use that exclusively - if u use a probe it's a must.

Quote Originally Posted by MBViklund View Post
    Almost finished. The touchscreen mounted and moved the E-stop switch to the outside.

Only need some rubber to seal the gap between the cabinet and the column and then it should be completed. I have made some modifications to the cabinet since I designed it. Will update the drawings and post them when they are done. Attachment 282490
    Nice! You're set up looks familiar lol

Page 5 of 5 345