I have been trying to configure my KBIC-125 controller on my PM30, with 1100 w motor that comes stock. I finished up my belt drive about a week ago, and cannot get the performance I was hoping for.

Essentially, my low speed pulleys are giving me around 1600 RPM's, which is in the ballpark of what I would expect, and the high speed pulleys, no matter how I manipulate the pots, cannot get above 2400 or so. I have blown about 10 fuses total trying to get this optimized with the manual in hand, and no matter what I change I just cannot get the higher RPM's out of the high speed pulley. For reference, the ratios should be giving me around 5500 or so RPM's on high, but its clear that to not blow a fuse, I need to keep the CL pot turned so low that the controller stops current increases when I hit about 1/8 of a turn clockwise on my speed control, and then dips down to around 1750 RPM's for the remainder of the clockwise turn to the max position.

I am kind of giving up on this, unless anyone has some great insight for me that can help me out, which would be very much welcome, I have decided to either buy a new VFD/AC motor combo, or the 1.5HP brushless motor/driver kit from Kellig.

The VFD/AD motor I would buy is the Teco 2HP 220V 1Ph in 220 3PH out with the MTR-002-3BD36 from automation direct.

The brushless combo is about $250 or so more, so I would love to get some opinions on which direction you would go.