New to the form so forgive me if this question has been posted before. I have looked and done what was stated. Heres the scoop.

Bought a used vmc16 and found out the sim card with the software was dead due to dead battery.

managed to get the computer to load the shell and reloaded the software parameters to the computer.

Decided the heck with this and opted to load the software on to a solid state disk on model.
The disk on model herein after refered to as ssd (solid state disk drive was 4 gigs and seeing as dos 622 has a limit of 2 gigs i used fdisk to make 2 gig partition.

I read the post on setting up the milltronics with a hard disk and did the three things it told me ! set dip switch 1 to open to elimiate the simdisk. I removed J1 and removed the socket-ed chip.

I cant put the SSD in the pimary IDE slot because the SSD is slightly larger then the original IDE cable that one would normally use.
Problem 2 is that I am unsure if the boot sequwnce will look at the second IDE or if the Shuttle Hot 433 board will read a drive that is more the 520 megs. Although I did get the bios to allow me to naviage to auto detect IDE once (tab key) now it seems to have a stupid arrow on it and will not allow me to navigate over to that area which is grayed out. The Bios is American Megatrends ami bios c 1994 (433aus33) umx880 for 486 PCI.

I called American Megatrends to see how to reset this Bios back to (use without a mouse) and they do not know how to do it but to acknowledge it is bios that they made and licensed

So with Dip-switch 1 changed the computer no longer wants to load stuff from the simdisk but it also sees the second hard drive (secondary hard drive) but does not attempt to load it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Stan