586,326 active members*
3,782 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynomotion/Kflop/Kanalog > Possible to do Transformation Matrix with Dynomotion CNC?

Possible to do Transformation Matrix with Dynomotion CNC?

I build many DIY PCBs using the toner transfer method. I have a kflop, and would love to be able to drill the PCB and have Dynomotion scale and rotate the drill locations based on some "Fiducials" because I hate drilling them by hand.

Similar to this system:
    CNC USB Controller Mk2 - Drilling PCB using transformation matrix and camera sensor - YouTube

-Vetsen

Hi Vetsen,

It may take some work but it should be possible to do a Transformation Matrix using the KMotionCNC Geometric Correction Feature.

Attachment 213986

See:

Geo Correction Table

and

Tool Setup Screen Files

The most basic table is just 4 points which basically results in a transformation matrix. So if you have 4 fiducials that form a rectangle those might work.

There is a "Measure" button on the KMotionCNC Screen that will build the mapping Table if you are able to move to the 4 fiducial positions in the right order and push measure.

Another option could be to move to various positions and have KMotionCNC buttons record the positions and then have a button to compute the new Geocorrection Table. How good are your math skills

Maybe a first step would be to go through the process manually and compute a Geo Table by hand to see how well it works.

If there are some simple things that we could add to the KMotionCNC GUI to make it easier we would be open to add this.

HTH
    Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Wow,

Now that's exciting. I still need to convert over to Kmotion from smooth stepper and mach3. This might just be the thing that gets me off my butt and takes the leap.

I am always impressed by the superior support that Dynomotion offers.

Thanks TK,

Vetsen

Re: Possible to do Transformation Matrix with Dynomotion CNC?

Dear Tom,

I need to flatten the space for PCB engraving. I scan the physical PCB surface and fill the results to Geo Correction Table. The table's offset is set to 0. The machine's coords are also set to 0 when I apply the table and try to use it. It looks like only 1st cell of the grid is used and interpolated in all direction but not the entire table... I did one simple experiment: I set my surface as "V"-shape, with X=0, Y=0 at one of the egdes, while Z falls from 0 to -5mm, then rise up to 0 again. Then when I manually or by G-code drive the machine from one toward the other edge of "V", Z automatically goes down... and only down, despite the slop should go up again.

If you need more details, I'll give you. Perhaps I don't know somthing or there is real problem in geo correction?

Regards,
    Alexa Flame