so I am building a mill, ive been gathering parts and starting mockup using 3/4 mdf. for X I have a 24mm bosch screw and 20mm bosch rails. the x travel is about 18.5in I will be using 25mm bosch rails for Y, I want the travel to be in the range of 12-15in. I haven't decided on the screw yet but I am almost certain it will be a 32mm. I plan to use a 10x50 mill table that may change as whats available at the time its needed. I will also probably be using the Tormach 1100 mill head, undecided at this point, maybe the 770, but it would need an upgrade in horsepower.... so on to the question, what do you guys think about using a 32mm screw with a .200" lead gives a resolution of .0001" with 2000 steps, but the screw would only be supported at the drive end? the OAL of the screw would be in the neighborhood of 23-24in. I don't really see any issue with such a large diameter screw and the fact that the rapid wont be fast. the Y screw doesn't look to be supported on the far end on some or most knee mills. Thanks

I posted here as im not quite ready to do a build log yet.