Howdy,
Winter is coming here in Idaho, and the garage is heated only by the shared wall with the house. I do not use the big garage door in the winter, but it still gets down to 40 degrees at times and feels damp.

My question is simple. Do you, and how do you heat your tormach in these conditions? I have the same question for my roll around tool box with my TTS, collets, measurment tools, fixturing tools, and cutters in it. I can't really afford to just heat the whole garage, and the temperate in the garage doesn't really affect me or my projects. Thus I was thinking of specific dedicated heating for the two items in my shop with delicate machinery.

I have been thinking about getting a couple gun safe dehumidifiers for my roll around toolbox. One for the top and one for the bottom. The 36" ones are 36 watts of heat in a long tube. THey come in 18" and 24" also. Golden Rod® Moisture Control | Brands |

I have been thinking of balttery heater pads, or some other such heat source to put in the base of my milling enclosure to keep the humidy out and the temperature up.

Your thoughts?

kr