Hey Guys,

I'm trying to learn how to generate Gcode and run machining sumulations in Catia. I'm just playing with a couple rough models at the moment but I'm having a bit of a hard time. For some reason whenever I try to run a simulation it get the error:

"[INFO]: Some points of the Tool path of the activity <-pretty much everything-> Unreachable. They cannot be simulated"

I've been using the tutorials in the CatDOCS and the machine seen in the picture is the Sample 3-axis machine. I deleted all of the machine info and rebuilt it in the "machine builder" and everything seemed fine. I set up all the joints, limits and mount points and I was able to jog it no problem.

I tried running this simulation with the sample part from the Area-oriented Machining tutorial and got the above error for the first time. I then tried creating a simpler part with only one tool change and got the same error. At first I thought it was because it was using a "Default reference machining axis" that was outside of the machines limits so I changed the axis to one I created on the part to be machined. That didn't work. I also made sure that the tool change point was within the machines limits and that the tool mounting point was able to reach all areas of the work piece.

I then tried going through the machining processes to see if I could correct the problems one by one. I couldn't really tell if I had missed anything or if any of the parameters were no good but the only thing I noticed was that the tool change "tool path replay" showed the tool upside down.... any idea what that is about? I haven't been able to correct that problem as of yet and I don't know whether or not that is the source of my problems.

Anyway, if you guys could help me out I would appreciate it.

Cheers,