I am fairly new to CNC and CAD design and have an issue I am trying to solve. I have access to a CNC machine that has a max length of 1500mm, however I would like to cut something that is 1800-1900 mm long. To give a little bit more about what I am trying to accomplish I am looking to make patterns for snow skis. I already have the designs done in CAD, however I am looking for a way to machine them with the tools I have available to me.

My thoughts were that I would cut one half of the design and then re-position the material to a known point, and then cut the second half

What is the best way to accomplish this? Here are my questions.
1. What is the best way to split the autocad drawing into two segments? The profile is one large polyline is there a way I can us a line to cut this into two separate polylines?
2. What would be the best way to guarantee accuracy when re-positioning the material. My thought was that I would put two holes at each end and then 4 holes in the mid point. I would then use these holes as my positioning holes for when I relocate the material. I would drill corresponding holddown/peg holes in the bed (already had multiple from other project, so I would probably re-use those)

Any suggestions or help is appreciated like I said I am new to CAD so take it easy