I have acquired a Champion 1912 engraver without a control box. There is a 2 phase bipolar NEMA 23 stepper with 6 wires that controls the spindle lift. and 2-2phase bipolar NEMA 34 steppers with 6 wires that control the x and y. The spindle is turned by an 120v induction motor.
I am trying to find the parts I need to get this machine running again. I have been reading everything I can find about drivers and see there is a lot of negative info about motor drivers. Mostly from China.
This is the parts list I have been able to compiled so far.
I need a Power supply to power 1-5.5dcv 1.5A motor and 2-5.5dcv 1.25A motors and auto start feature for AC induction motor.
a parallel port breakout card. I would rather use a current computer interface but have an old laptop I can use with parallel port
a 3 motor driver card or 3 single driver cards
software to run the machine
Could I get a recommendation on the best parts to get started. Of course I want to be economy wise, but not cheap and I want quality that I can depend on. Each axis has limit switches and I would like to wire them to work but have not researched to the point I know where to wire them. Suggestions on what I need for that would help too.
Thank you for any and all consideration.