586,670 active members*
3,234 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 13 of 15 31112131415

Re: VMC Mill Discussion

Hi all i am a careful listener but be nice to Each Other ,... It is Soon Christmas BTW Happy Christmas i plan to Take Short Break ,..

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Thomas.......see you in the New Year.....alles van die beste....Ja.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by newman55598 View Post
    What is so great about defengs mill. The fact that you can use 2 different spindles after spending much time swapping them out? There are many places that make speed multipliers that attach to the spindle so you have both high torque and high speed without having to disassemble the mill to do it. I have seen air powered engraving spindles that fit an r8 collet I'm sure they make them for other designs also. I see nothing impressive about defengs mill. It's definitely not ground breaking.
    I expect if it fell on your head it would not be impressive. either.........the whole point is everyone wowed about the design and optioning it offered.

It was ground breaking.......it had the split head that only reqd slackening the 4 bolts to slip the mill spindle out and the high speed spindle in......that quick....tell me of another mill that can do that.

If you look at the whole package it is quite a neat set-up and one that took my fancy, that's why I indulged myself with it......so the fact that it is late in coming is irrelevant to the point in question.....if it had been made by a European manufacturer totally and offered at the same price, the rush to place orders would rival that on the Titanic to get off.

It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks, it's just another mill being offered and no doubt if Thomas can also take the World by storm with his design genius, then we have competition at the very best level.

BTW......not everyone wanted the high speed spindle, the offer is for the ER32 spindle, anything else is an optional extra..... but they did want the longer table and that was the final design.......DEFINITELY no more to be said on that topic as it IS THOMAS'S PARADE, so let the drums begin banging while the Sun shines.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by newman55598 View Post
    What is so great about defengs mill. The fact that you can use 2 different spindles after spending much time swapping them out? There are many places that make speed multipliers that attach to the spindle so you have both high torque and high speed without having to disassemble the mill to do it. I have seen air powered engraving spindles that fit an r8 collet I'm sure they make them for other designs also. I see nothing impressive about defengs mill. It's definitely not ground breaking.
    you are absolutely correct as have been the many others to say the same thing but what do we know, we knew what an encoder was already before last week. those that don't know anything about cnc and by their own admittance by the way still can't see it was nothing special. must have visions of sugar plums dancing in their head. on that i'll wish you and tkamsker a merry christmas and happy new year.

happy 2015 to all ,..

i did some work on (yes paperwork but that is not for that thread -
    electronics (checking out which stepper controller and server controller i want )
    MPG design and test ,..

and i did the design of the ATC Carousel head.
    I worked on stepper config, on timing config using a gear but finally i decided (because of my main design goals ) to use good old geneva cross mechanic. (or german malteser kreutz )

the problem was to find formulas to do an 12 stop mechanic and then design it to the size i need. But finally i got it.
    as always i work in iterations
    so this is iteration 3
    Attachment 264080
    Here you see the disassembled parts to get the picture
    Attachment 264082 then assembled without cross to see that power side of motor works .
    the 2 big holes are for the 12mm encoders for knowing which tool it is.

then assembled where you see the rod Attachment 264084

and here a small video of success https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UKmd1lwuG4 blair witch style -
    without the rod mounted but i like the speed
    here a video with bolt mounted https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_i...referrer=watch
    in february i will do it in steel & alu.

now my question for the rail.
    i am thinking of simple V - shaped rail. (dove tails )
    or i can use standard rail. but i want an cost effective solution which is also easy to fix.
    i did also not decide how to drive it. I looked into the standard pneumatic way. But last week my tool changer died because of electro magnetic ventiles died.
    they really made me verry angry ,.. so i am now thinking of an mechanic like a simple gear and a gear rack ?
    so what do you think ?
    thomas

> my tool changer died because of electro magnetic ventiles died.
    Ah - sorry, but we do not understand what is meant by this. "ventile"?

Question: is the plastic OK for this?

Cheers
    Roger

Hi,
    sorry lentil is valve - i recovered from a cold so forgive me ,..

for the test "plastic" is sufficient
    i use pal and abs for it.

When i know all little tweaks are done and it works i do it 1 time in alu & steel

it takes me around 3-4 hours printing and i can go to test

in that time i can't do all the parts in steel or alu and it is cheaper as well.
    thomas

Ah - 'lentile' - understood.
    You know, a good engineering plastic might be OK instead of aluminium.

Cheers
    Roger

Yes but gwen you Print plastic Inside is hollow ,.. I now will redesign the driving Wheel because of the forces
    If the atc is füll the small Little Motor has to Drive 12 to 15 kg and because of geneva the Last tick on the move has high acceleration so i Need to Redoute that Wheel ,..

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

PRINT plastic???? Oh Phooey! None of that.

I am talking about machining it all out of a nice slab of 12 mm thick Nylon 6.6 or Acetal! Very good stuff!

Cheers
    Roger

I was just joking ...
    For function Modell 3d print is ok .. But you Are right I have to See which Materials where i thought on an Alu and Steel combination but maybe pom or other stuff is lighter and cheap er ans strong aß well

And i add mpg function to the Set ..I only have to See what function i also use the LCD it is really a great Tool ..

Hello First i have to apologize for the long quiet Phase ... on my side it was Not quiet. I tested a Lot splash guard and different Controller options and i had to finnish the bridgeport aß Well But today we had progress for the atc head Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1430245127759.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	278292 and Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1430245170159.jpg 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	278294
    On top we have an Small Air cylinder
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1430245250974.jpg 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	278296
    The machine will First get steppers with Feedback then I build the atc on top.
    Aß soon the servos arrive we will switch to servos
    Progress is soon to Follow thank you for paitience. ... even dfeng is back writing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tkamsker View Post
    Hello First i have to apologize for the long quiet Phase ... on my side it was Not quiet. I tested a Lot splash guard and different Controller options and i had to finnish the bridgeport aß Well But today we had progress for the atc head Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1430245127759.jpg 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	278292 and Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1430245170159.jpg 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	278294
    On top we have an Small Air cylinder
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1430245250974.jpg 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	278296
    The machine will First get steppers with Feedback then I build the atc on top.
    Aß soon the servos arrive we will switch to servos
    Progress is soon to Follow thank you for paitience. ... even dfeng is back writing ...
    Hi!

I don`t want to criticize or anything, but if that`s a spindle from German ebay.de, I think you will be dissapointed. According to description, if I remember correctly, manufacturer used only regular AC bearings, not spindle bearings nor even preloaded ones, also shaft was not tempered, and what´s worst - the clamping force of air cylinder is waaaay too low! Recommended clamping force for BT30 is somewhere about 4500-6000N. Again, not criticizing (it actually would be awesome to have manufacturer of pro-machines near me), just saying my observations.

Keep it up!
    Luboš

Greetings from Slovakia.

You Are right to some Extend the factory Has More than 20 years of experience of normal sk30 ... so we build the head in we Use it right in the factory then we know. No Hobby User can simulate an real World use then we disassemble the Spindel and See i ll document that and then we improve and sooner or later we have a product ... wich Works in real World reliable ... and i think you Are Not 100 % right AT the ebay off er it is from cncecke ...

Well, it does not matter where did you bought it, the manufacturer it`s the same - https://www.youtube.com/user/BuBu19821/videos. Under some of his videos you can even read technical data - in same cases he`s using only regular ballbearings! Also, as I watch those videos, he is not using any compensation for the forces exert by an air cylinder towards the bearings, which significantly decreases they durability.

I am roaming now But Check it on the weekend nevertheless final Design will be different i expect Minimum 3 Iteration s But the gripper mecanic is also to be tested to it s reliability so we See .. But beeing in the factory gives me the Chance to react Quick

In addition, think about re-designing the air cylinder and belleville springs stacks. Clamping force 1500N as noted under the video could not even be a joke, I would definitely not recommend it as safe to use. Flying tool holder is dangerous, nothing funny about that.

As i sayed i am roaming now But we Run it in an full case anyhow ..

Hi i now got hold of an ok internet line
    but he uses following Ballbearings Merkmale Einreihige Schr FAG 7210 B TVP 4 times means i am not sure what kind of forces you are referring to ? (And that is one of the reasons why i bought this kit for testing ) This ball bearings have 40° Angle so they can take a lot of forces axial as well as radial so i am now a little concerned ,.. please let me know if we are on the same
    page. If alu is an good idea for an milling body i do have my concerns because when it get hot it behaves different than steel ,..

But more than a year ago i ordered all the parts from Dfeng ,.. so far i only see nice pics and nice mails i couldn't wait that long
    for me tested quality is key.
    So i have tested some stuff like electronics , servos teppers feedback etc. but did not document it well . And i also tested the splashguard which i now redesigned.
    it is a journey lets see
    thomas

Page 13 of 15 31112131415