I am torn between 2 different lathes. (yea I posted 3, but I will get to that).

The first lathe is the South bend 8K:
Grizzly.com

Its 2 THOUSAND dollars at Grizzly. However I found one locally for 1750. (not sure if grizzly offers coupons like HF does, that would be sweet)

Then there is a slightly larger Grizzly model G4000
Grizzly.com
It is a slightly larger capacity, AND HALF THE PRICE. Comes with more accessories like the steady rest, follow rest, and extra 7.25" 4 jaw chuck.

Now, since I am comparing a 2K lathe, I entered the G0752, which is 10x22 which is larger then both of them and still 3/4 the price of the south bend. Also comes with more accessories like the steady rest, follow rest, and an additional 6.5" 4 jaw chuck
Grizzly.com

I know that the Grizzly lathes are Chinese, and they have the same look as my HF 7x10 lathe. I know South Bend is an American company so the tool quality is much better (but if they are made in china also?). So enter the dilemma. I know I will be happier with a better quality south bend lathe, but 8x18 now, or 10x22 coming in handy further down the line...
Not to mention the south bend steady rest is $350, and a 5" 4 jaw chuck is $250.00.

One thing that still draws me into the South Bend is this picture:
Attachment 252862

It just looks so much more thought out, and has a wider opening for through parts (like barrels) 1.125"?

The Chinese Grizzly one:
Attachment 252864
0.78"?

So to have a south bend with a steady rest and extra chuck, im looking at $2565 (no shipping). For that kind of money, I can get the G4002 12x24 lathe with 6" & 8" chuck.

I look at it this way. Its better to have a better foundation, then a bigger one. I doubt I will ever need anything as big as the grizzly's, but who knows what the future holds.

What do you guys think? My ultimate decision will likely be made when I go to the grizzly showroom in PA and see them both. I welcome as much input as possible.

oh, and get this... another lathe JUST popped up out of no where while I was writing this:
Grizzly.com