586,675 active members*
2,707 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V23 to V26 to V27

Unhappy V23 to V26 to V27

OK so I was finally hounded into getting V26 to fix the problems with 23... However I really wasn't ready to get it... anyway computer gets here and I'm out of tech help... Get called back out of town and come back to new 27version.... I haven't even loaded 26 on the computer yet.... Question is... Does 26 work? Or do I toss it in the garbage and go to 27? If I load 26 I only have what this forum can do to help... Was told 27 is all new... I hate clogging a new machine with old junk just to turn around and over write it. Thoughts???
    Using CNC Masters Supra Knee Mill, 4 Axis vari speed. Bob Cad V-23, V26, Bob Art

Re: V23 to V26 to V27

26 is a fine product. I'd use it if I was you.

if V27 you already own,heck ya,use it.
    otherwise
    V 26 will be fine.It is light years ahead in many ways than V23,,,,HOWEVER,I still use V23 for simple jobs.It is way easier and faster.
    Keep both on computer,you'll figure it out.

If it works... That is fine... I just wont have support if it doesn't. They tend not to fix problems with older versions after a new makeover comes along.... That was the problem with 23... 25 was out... thus no more updates for 23.
    Using CNC Masters Supra Knee Mill, 4 Axis vari speed. Bob Cad V-23, V26, Bob Art

I can do just about anything with V23.There are ways to "WORK-A-ROUND" most problems.Just ask.

Well Jrmach... It is time to move on from V23... I think. But it had simple switching problems... That didn't work... They said they weren't going to fix it... back then. That's what made me switch to 26. and with my schedule.. I never even loaded it before it is outdated... Sux to waste money like that... Never let them pressure you into buying when your not ready to use it... Lesson learned.

Waste what money ?There is nothing wrong with V26.
    What kind of work you doing?
    BoBcad get you aggravated ? YUP,been there.
    Questions on either V23 or V26,,ask away.It really does get easier the more you use.

Mostly Prototyping, 3 and hopefully 4 axis mill. Ill settle for reliable, repeatable and predictable .... Waste of money is when you spend the same money for old tech as you could have on the new tech.
    In a nut shell from what their new rules are for posts....
    I had 30 tech support for my 26. But I haven't even taken it out of the box. or registered it... But I'm out of tech support...IE No help
    SO I can pay for tech..2 to 300 bucks or something in that range to get help with 26 or I can pay for 27 and get support and 27... S if I pay the extra couple hundred for support than my 26 will work for ....?? until they stop supporting it like they did 23.... The logical step would be get 27... ergo I wasted the money I already paid for 26....
    It wouldn't be morally right... but I guess I could sell the 26.... It was sold to me as a upgrade... But I'm just not that type of person.
    Short version... Yeah they pissed in my corn flakes....lol

I think you can sell V26 with no issues.$1OO transfer fee applies.
    Don't let salesman talk you into stuff you ain't ready for.That is nothing bad on BoBcad,,that just means they have a good salesman.I am sure you know this.
    Some need/want tech support,,others do fine without it.I have had 3 versions and I prefer to watch video's,use the help menu,struggle,and come to the forums.Fact,,the more years I do this,I pick up the new versions immediately.I can use right out of the box almost.
    I can see benefit in tech support as it would save time to just pick up the phone and have problems solved.