Quote Originally Posted by compsurge View Post
Thanks for the feedback on the lathe and Weiss. I've been contemplating one of their lathes in the next few years, but I'm not quite sure the direction I'll end up in.

Here's a image of what I was trying to describe. On my mill there are two flats on the part below the drawbar head. The photo you posted looks like there are flats, but I could be mistaken. Definitely correct me if that is an incorrect way. I typically only will use this method for my face mill - the rest are just a light tap on the wrench while I hold the ER collet/spindle itself as the R8 taper will do a very good job in securing the toolholder.

Attachment 254138
Now that the mill is up and running I've found out that the method you show doesn't work as when I tighten the drawbar the lower piece loosens up. And holding the spindle by hand to tighten just isn't enough to hold the TTS holders in. I see In the G0704 manual that they have a locking hole in the spindle like my LMS SX2 does. I'm a little hesitate to drill a hole in the side right now though

Any ideas out there?