587,033 active members*
3,371 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Complaints and Praise Discussions > Beware! Fake Leadshine Drives from PrimoPal through Ebay.

Hybrid View

Re: Beware! Fake Leadshine Drives from PrimoPal through Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Delron View Post
    Well, I took a chance, and belive I got screwed.

Bought 4 Leadshine DM856 drive from PrimoPal on ebay after they assured me they buy directly from Leadshine.
    I opened up a drive and the PCB has markings of DM556 V2.2 on the bottom of the board.

Looks like they (Primo?) added a 0.6ohm resistor from the high voltage stepper power plug positive terminal to ground to act as a voltage divide, lowering the actual voltage getting to the drive. The only place the PCB has solder flux residue as well is on that resistor. I assume they then changed the cover to make it look like a DM856.

I contacted Leadshine USA, and they say that the DM856 should not have DM556 markings on the PCB and that PrimoPal is not an authorized re-seller and I'm on my own.

I advise everyone not to buy from these guys, even though they have 100% satisfaction rating.

Sad for a first post.
    I opened mine, looks similar, resistor you described has designated place on PCB - at least on my board

Re: Beware! Fake Leadshine Drives from PrimoPal through Ebay.

TomJ -

Has the driver worked well? I notice that the IC in the center of your board has been scraped of printed letter/numbers. I too received a driver (from a different vendor) that has had the markings scraped off, but I have not tested it.

Thanks in advance