586,409 active members*
3,057 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Felder format4 dxftocad converter help

Felder format4 dxftocad converter help

Hi All,

I'm new in CNC machinery and so...but I'm currently facing a problem with felder group CNC milling machine. As some of you know, Felder use TPA application for controling CNC machines and desiging programs. What i found is a converter from dxf files. This allow me base on layer name set a tool, correction and so... on 2D model...

But I would like know if this is working on 3D model or how is it working...In documentation there is no information/no "example".

Maybe if someone have some better knowledge, should give me some hint.. or some example (3d dxf file, dxftocad.ini...)

Thanks,

Fine. Some basic operation on Face13456 is working. Material size setuped. "Research" continues..

So I setuped DXF converter to correclty load Faces base on UCS coordinate system in DXF file. Base on polyline "thickness" im able to control Z axe. However this aproche didnt allow me to generete real 3D polyline (new setup for Z axis change ).

Real 3D polyline flush everythink into face 1 so it will be little tricky bud technicly I should be able to control faces base on alfa/beta in layer name

Sorry, for spamming forum....

Some more information:
    DXF is able to import MILL/DRILL base on FACE separation, but this dont allow you to make Zcoordination move.
    Without FACE separation you have all code in FACE 1 but with Zcoord move...

I DONT FIND WAY HOW TO CHANGE WORK ORDER ENTITIES ARE CUTTED IN SAME ORDER HOW YOU DRAW THEM you must reorder manualy in tpaedit32 (i'm making more subroutings programs e.g. for Z step milling -8/-16/-24, becouse I wanna be sure that he will start cutting profile at -8 and then same profile at -16) I didnt find way how to push parameters (r0,r1)) via layer name

If anyone is interested or wanna share som knowlede, dont hesitate and write me....

odzgon

Going to be more specific:

Following si some kind of me current lvl of knowledge for dxftocad converter e.g. tpaedit32 dxf consumer for felder group machine / format 4 CNC programing software.

LAYER NAME -Base on layer name you can force some setup parametes e.g. PFT1001Z-8K2D1 means MILL SETUP Tool ID = 1001 Z = -8 Korecition = right with offset D = 1. You can set cut deep via parameter
    POLYLINE - with layer name you can create working profile, Drawing order is same like tool move.
    POLILINE with Thickness -Must have some LAYER NAME. Remove Z parameter. Thicness allow to control depth of cut.
    3DPLINE - Same like POLYLINE, but remove Z parameter and must change configuratio of to DXF to use 3D coord
    BLOCKS - Block name is is used to call subprogram. First setup point in subprogram should by used as BLOCK reference point. You can select r0,r1... parameters via adding attribude (max 26, atribute name should by one char "T" ..) to block. Number 8500 = r0

WHAT IS BAD
    -entity order managment, you must use subprograms, swaping..
    -no CAM optimalizaiton tool, this is just draw in CAD and make
    -old CAM approche, like 10 years back

Going to "waste" one more week. I will try to execute dxftocad.exe without tpaedi32 program, then, i'm done and going to some other chalenge...

BAD NEWs EVERYONE
    Becouse I poor windows visual basic OLE programing/hacker what ever. I'm not able to reuse converter and make some automatization.

But thanks for my java knowledge I created simple app to help with parametrization, block creation, dxf converter setup, but i must create tcn file inside tpaedit32 app

Currently I'm creating TCN directly from DXF.

Correct correction base on polyline move - rotation of points in polyline so I'm not going inside of part...
    Blade operations.
    Optimalization of flow, using "hard cut" mill and "soft cut" mills.
    Optimaliztion of drilling
    Optimaliation of drilling, moving in fictive facies - TCN way to make special face for cutting (face 7...)
    Generating of list file for woodflash -> ordering, base on size and using 2 work bench
    Implemeting of "pause" into program to remove some part and contiu to mill
    Tool using optimalization - used in diamant tool to use full cutting length across profile..
    Having own special marks for operation.
    Createting orders for material delivery.

anythink I want

Currently I would like to introduce some reprocessing of any *.cnc *.nc machine code to *.tnc

Re: Felder format4 dxftocad converter help

more information here...

CNC | select