Hello all,
I just brought home my new HURCO KMB1 mid 80's model. It has the cassette tape for loading the program.
I have started cleaning and repainting (Baby Blue) Love the color the machine looks to be really nice condition not used much.(pics to come)
What I would like to know is what would be the least expensive upgrade to be able to load from my cpu ? I do not have the cassette and do not know if they would even be around any more.
Or if I do a complete rework of the machine what can I use from the old equipment ie; motors drives etc.
I have been reading all of the builds going on and it seems to me that the existing motors should work good and I could even save the drives ?
So what would be the not necessarily the cheapest but I want to build a really good dependable machine that would be easy to work on if need be.
I do not want to go out and buy the kit that has all the stuff pre packaged plug and play (I dont want to spend that kind of money)
Thanks I will try to post some pics tomorrow.
One more question I need an encoder for the x axis and would like to know if there are replacement encoders available to replace the old one that was on it. The motors are Electro Craft E703's the encoder 82BZ-1000-503 is there a comparable new encoder that would work with the existing drives in the mill or do I need to replace with the same that was in it ?
This is the only thing holding me back from turning the mill on to test function.