586,655 active members*
3,489 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

sanyo denki p5 servos

Is anyone using the 1000w sanyo denki servos that were purchase from surplus center? What drivers are using?
    thanks Tim

I use them on my Shizuoka B-3V cnc bedmill. I use reliance electric BDC-25L amps which are really AMC BE25A20AC amplifiers and my Pixie P100 step/dir to analog controller.

Video of my x-axis moving with the P5 1kw motor:

http://www.skyko.com/videos/SanyoP5.wmv

Quote Originally Posted by vertcnc View Post
    Is anyone using the 1000w sanyo denki servos that were purchase from surplus center? What drivers are using?
    thanks Tim
    Hi

vertcnc , where abouts are these sanyo 1000watts servos on surplus ?? can you pm me a direct link or even list it in your thread , im still searching for some servos for my projects

cheers

FPV

Those servos sold out last year.

Quote Originally Posted by KTP View Post
    I use them on my Shizuoka B-3V cnc bedmill. I use reliance electric BDC-25L amps which are really AMC BE25A20AC amplifiers and my Pixie P100 step/dir to analog controller.

Video of my x-axis moving with the P5 1kw motor:

http://www.skyko.com/videos/SanyoP5.wmv

Hi

KTP will you system control both AC and DC servo motors ? provided they come with there respective amplifiers.

Bugga i always miss out on a bargian anyone else have some servos they dont need wand wanna sell for a worthy coarse

cheers

does anyone know a good source for servo motors ???

cheers

"KTP will you system control both AC and DC servo motors ? provided they come with there respective amplifiers."

Sure! In another thread in the laser engraver section, I am building a laser engraver using small Pittman DC brush servo motors and the Pixie is driving a AMC 12A8 amplifier connected to these motors. Even such a small motor performs well when the tuning is spot on as can be done with the Pixie with the graphical tuning interface. Here is the graph of the Pittman DC servo responding to a 50 step generated error:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pixie.jpg  

Yes, These motors were available last year in 1000w and 400w models from surplus center. They sold out pretty quickly, mostly to members ofthis forum.

Ktp, Do you have a source for suitable amplifiers. I like your step/dir to analog but still looking for amplifiers.

Tim