586,345 active members*
3,227 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Which of the two controllers to choose with TB6560 and stepper motors

Which of the two controllers to choose with TB6560 and stepper motors

Controller Board for Engraving Machine CNC TB6560 4 Axis Stepper Motor Driver and 4 Axis 3.5A CNC TB6560 Stepper Motor Driver Board Controller Engraving Machine I want to make CNC foam cutter. Some of these cheap controllers will work correctly? I also want to ask what cheap stepper motors can be used?Do not need much greater accuracy. Will cut wings. I apologize for my bad English.Greetings!

Re: Which of the two controllers to choose with TB6560 and stepper motors

Neither.

The TB6560 was not intended to be used as a standalone controller. The datasheet specifically says logic power must be applied before motor power, and in both of those boards, logic power is derived from motor power which means motor power will come on first, and then logic power will come up. Under those conditions, 1 time in a thousand, the driver will fry. It's like playing russian roulette every time you turn on the power: eventually you are going to loose.

If you must have a cheap chinese driver, look for a THB606AH. This is a design upgrade from the TB6560 which removes that issue.

Or at the vest least, search CNCZone for all the poor slobs who have purchased cheap crap from China and regret it now.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

2 of these boards there is a better choice?

Better, yes.

But buying a multi axis unit isn't best. What do you do if one axis dies? Throw away the entire board! Instead, I would suggest you look for and purchase several single axis boards.

If you know how to solder, I would personally recommend that you buy a kit and solder it together yourself, instead of buying a pre-assembled kit. You can save a little money and if something goes wrong, you can replace the drive chip yourself for just $10. But that's if you know how to solder. Otherwize, a single axis assembled and tested kit would be better.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)