586,779 active members*
9,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

VF-2SS Graphics Glitch

Sometimes when I watch a program in graphics and it comes to an A axis movement, the simulated A position will jump to 500xxx.xxx degrees and it will start unwinding the rotary in the simulation. If I exit graphics and home the rotary and retry graphics, it will work properly. This machine was new in February, but the rotary is a 1999 vintage HRT210. The error only seems to show up in graphics, the program runs fine when actually machining. It has done this on several different programs, all of which never showed this issue on our 1999 VF-2 with the same rotary connected.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Re: VF-2SS Graphics Glitch

Haas is BS and it doesn't recognize that 360, 720, 1080, etc. is the same as 0 degrees. So it will wind all the way back to 0deg. It does the same thing in our 2014 ST10y and 2014 VF2SS with 2014 HRT210 Rotary. Basically If its not at 0 degrees it will spin until it gets there. You could be at 360,000 degrees on the rotary and it will make you wait to unwind back to 0. Haas f'd up and they haven't done anything to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by AARONT View Post
    Haas is BS and it doesn't recognize that 360, 720, 1080, etc. is the same as 0 degrees.....
    I think Haas does have a feature to rewind the rotary to the nearest zero point; i.e, back 1 degree to 360. from 361. Have a look in your manual for Quick Rotary G28, there are a couple of Parameters, or a Parameter and a Setting that have to be turned on.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

I double checked and quick rotary is on. I can input:

g91 g28 a0.
    g90

into MDI and run that in graphics and it still wants to unwind from 5xxxxx.xxx degrees. I can jog the rotary to a position above 360 degrees and run that same code in MDI and quick rotary works as it should and automatically drops the position to under 360 and goes home from there.

I don't know if it has anything to do with it or not, but I had to jump thru hoops to make this 1999 model year rotary even work with this machine. When it was 1st hooked up it gave an alarm (which I don't recall what it was) and after going thru several different people at Haas, most of which had the simple response of "it won't work" One guy stuck with it and walked me thru the parameters one by one and then it worked properly.

Then I just had to build an "adapter kit" to bolt the thing the machine......