586,119 active members*
3,583 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc O-M on SuperMax Max3 - Not Ready Issue

Fanuc O-M on SuperMax Max3 - Not Ready Issue

So to sum up a long story, about 5 months ago our SuperMax Max 3 (Mfg Date. 1995) start giving us tool changer issues; Such as pulling up wrong tools, odd rotation patterns, etc. The other engineer working here at the time being diagnosing and trying to fix the problem. We found the Relay board not only had some burnt tracers but the entire back of the board had retrofitted wires on it.

Throughout the remaining months he was here we bought a new relay board, replaced the two sensors by the tool changer (rotation count and position) and the tool changer wheel motor. At best we were able to get the machine to index the tool changer with the manual override, however when it would go to stop it would be exactly half way between tool holders.

Since he has left I've been taking over and this is where we stand. The X-axis cable started to fault, replaced that, had all axis/motor running at this point which was about a month ago. Today I installed the new board but this time I reproduced the old retrofit. Now when I fire up the machine it stays in a state of "Not Ready" but with no visable alarms. I checked my limit switches on all axis and they are fine, it is currently sitting off of all switches. So I am hoping this points to a "Not Ready" issue with the tool changer.

Machine is a SuperMax Max-3
    Manufactured in 1995
    24 tool magazine, side mounted
    Driven by a motor and cam gear

The retrofit from what I've been able to trace is falsifying input. For instance the board calls out a "SIGNAL TOWER COM" and the retrofitted wire on the back connects that to a 110V lead. I have attached an image of the board and the pin out. All Colored lines in the Excel file show how the wires are routed on the back of the board.

I am mostly after ways to diagnose this "Not Ready" state, is there an easy place to see what is pulling up this condition?

Attachment 250016

Attachment 250018

Re: Fanuc O-M on SuperMax Max3 - Not Ready Issue

Press and release EMG stop, I have a 0-MC control on a Feeler machine that requires you to do that. Else check your emg stop line as a whole, might be that too.

Re: Fanuc O-M on SuperMax Max3 - Not Ready Issue

Quote Originally Posted by botha.y View Post
    Press and release EMG stop, I have a 0-MC control on a Feeler machine that requires you to do that. Else check your emg stop line as a whole, might be that too.
    I actually figured it out late last night, when I swapped the new relay board into the machine, I forgot to make sure the jumpers were on the pins, fixed it right up!