586,201 active members*
4,151 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Help Required :violin: ALARM 39-76 Tool Change Orient Faliure ARROW 750

Help Required :violin: ALARM 39-76 Tool Change Orient Faliure ARROW 750

Hi all, I am having an issue with my ARROW 740. This is a intermittent problem, when I try and tool change the spindle will not orientate to the correct position. It doesn't seem to getting a signal to say that it is in the correct position. This means it spins around 5 times clockwise and 5 times counter clockwise trying to locate the correct position.

M19 still works as it should, I am pretty confident that the proxy switch in the head is ok as it illuminates and stops the spindle when M19 is called.

ALARM 39-76 states that the remedy is as follows:

Input CR_OR_COMP ON
    Either Output CR_SPDL_ORN or Output CR_SPDL_ORN2 ON (Not both together)

This makes no sense to me, any help would be much appreciated...

Re: Help Required :violin: ALARM 39-76 Tool Change Orient Faliure ARROW 750

Quote Originally Posted by Danny85 View Post
    Hi all, I am having an issue with my ARROW 740. This is a intermittent problem, when I try and tool change the spindle will not orientate to the correct position. It doesn't seem to getting a signal to say that it is in the correct position. This means it spins around 5 times clockwise and 5 times counter clockwise trying to locate the correct position.

M19 still works as it should, I am pretty confident that the proxy switch in the head is ok as it illuminates and stops the spindle when M19 is called.

ALARM 39-76 states that the remedy is as follows:

Input CR_OR_COMP ON
    Either Output CR_SPDL_ORN or Output CR_SPDL_ORN2 ON (Not both together)

This makes no sense to me, any help would be much appreciated...
    I don't have an Arrow 750 but I do have an Arrow 500 and I am wondering if the 180 out sensor on the spindle body cam is working? It seems to me that the machine slows and then looks for the 180 out sensor to know it is in the right rotation of the motor since mine is 2-1 ratio motor to spindle. Then once it does it looks for the other sensors to orientate for the toolchange. If it cannot find one or the other it could do what you are describing. I am NO expert here and again my machine may be different than yours. good luck man. Peace

Pete

Re: Help Required :violin: ALARM 39-76 Tool Change Orient Faliure ARROW 750

I assume that you have an Arrow 750 with a A2100 control. The answer depends on what year the machine is and what version of software is in the control. In the older machine the control tells the spindle drive to orient. The spindle drive orients using it's software and offset, then the spindle drive tells the control that it is oriented. In the newer machines, the control has the software and offset to adjust the position of the spindle.

Mike cncmachineservices (dot) com