586,406 active members*
2,858 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Is there a way to ask for advise on pricing a new machine that won't be deleted?

Is there a way to ask for advise on pricing a new machine that won't be deleted?

***USED*** machine I should have put in the title, but I can't edit that.

Since my previous post was killed? Is there a way to walk on eggs shells to get an idea on what I can reasonably price a used bench-top mill at? Given that there is not a wealth of data on that topic out there I was hoping for some feedback from people.... well interested in benchtop milling machines. Is that forbidden?
    CNC: Making incorrect parts and breaking stuff, faster and with greater precision.

Re: Is there a way to ask for advise on pricing a new machine that won't be deleted?

yeah, put it on ebay and take bids instead of trolling for customers on here, they don't like that.

Re: Is there a way to ask for advise on pricing a new machine that won't be deleted?

So you spend time documenting your build, talking with folks to talk about theirs, photographing things to share for a few years, but if it comes time to sell it then pound sand you are a troll.

Ok. I did not mean to violate a rule. I did not see anything covering that in the FAQ and I've seen others mention selling their mills:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/taig-m...06868-cnc.html

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...07534-cnc.html

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/tormac...0-tormach.html

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/mikini...060l-mill.html
    CNC: Making incorrect parts and breaking stuff, faster and with greater precision.

yeah some slipped through the cracks and avoided notice, nice of you to throw them under the bus. don't act naive, you seriously can't come up with a price on your own? nobody knows what you have in it better than you or what you would accept for it so like i said, put it on ebay then you could add a link on the ebay forum here.

I know what I have in it and I know that has jack-squat to do with what I can get people to buy it for. I have seen so many other threads like those that yes, I did not think it was a rule problem to do it and it will be months before I'm ready to sell anyway. As far as anyone under the bus... well the bus passed them by over a year ago so I think they'll be alright. Selling a relatively custom and low-interest item ebay is not dead-nuts simple so I'd prefer not to be listing it 5 times price reduced or hoping that it goes up from $50.00 before the auction ends. However, OK. If it isn't allowed, it isn't allowed and I'll shut up.

ETA: Thanks for the pointer to the Ebay Ads forum actually. Perusing those will help me get a picture of what I can expect.

They have Member classifieds above.
    Lee

It might bother Trey, it sure doesnt bother me.

Photomankc, isnt a troll. Maybe he doesnt sit and read all of the fine print. He is a participant.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Also check your local craigslist for similar machines to get an idea of what kind of price range you can ask for.

FWIW, I say your first thread and thought your price was on the low side. People pay only slightly less for Taig setups....

bob

Rowbare - Thanks, I do want to sell but I don't want to shaft myself either. Craigslist around these parts has been a bit of a dry hole. There have been a few rusty round column mills and a couple of Taig mills at outrageous prices but I've never seen much activity to get a feel for anything. The ebay ads forum actually did help. I found a couple of comparable machines there that gives me a decent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    It might bother Trey, it sure doesnt bother me.

Photomankc, isnt a troll. Maybe he doesnt sit and read all of the fine print. He is a participant.
    Why would it bother me jack, they make the rules not me. And as it turns out the suggestion I gave to photomank helped him, what did you do?