586,132 active members*
2,689 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > PlasmaCam > Looking into starting a sign shop need help

Red face Looking into starting a sign shop need help

I have gotten a new job where I will work two weeks on one week off and was thinking of getting a plasmacam to have a hobby/income in my spare time.. my school shop had a plasma cam that I played with a little bit. I was just wondering what would be the best start out machine to have.. and software or what machine comes with the best software to start out with. all I want to do is make decorative and custom signing. any help would be appreciated thanks!!!

Re: Looking into starting a sign shop need help

PlasmaCAM is definitely one of the best choices for an easy to use machine that will undoubtedly get the job done for you quickly and effectively. Out of the all the entry level CNC machines that I have had the opportunity to work with, PlasmaCAM's has by far has been the machine that has been the most straight forward and simple one to use especially for business purposes. Their DesignEDGE software make sign work extremely simple and is the first machine that I have used that I can actually materialize a project within minutes! Sign making, is bar far one of the easiest thing to achieve with the machine.

Your Designedge program will come loaded with around 500+ fonts that work really well for metal working.Other features within the software will allow you to curve texts to different paths and combine them to different objects with a click of a mouse, trace directly over imported JPEGs on the screen and more.

Here is an example of what I am talking about (from design to cut out within minutes):

Here is another example that took me about 1 minute and 30 seconds to design:

Attachment 255558

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks!!