After reading some of the threads and posts I figured it might be helpful to post a new thread on 2d contour operations.
I noted in another post if sprut cant do it with a 2d contour operation of some type, its going to be hard to do in 2d.

My next projects require or could benefit from the option of using a arbor saw for some of the operations.
Recently tormach did a video on how to use a arbor saw but left out the part I need "how to set this up in a cam system"

The screen clips below will help any new sprutcam user set up a arbor saw and include in cam programs.
This is a general example to get things going all feeds speeds and operations require review.

Loaded test part into sputcam and setup for operations

Attachment 249228

Define the tool
I used torus mill but other mill profiles will work.
I set the diameter to 2" to match saw
I set the length to 0.0625 to match saw thickness
Other settings like overhang need adjustment also.

Attachment 249206

Holder definition "optional pain I go thru to get it looking good"

Attachment 249208

Parameters
Create 2d contour op
Select arbor saw tool above
Select bottom of slot "shown yellow and blue highlight on part"
In assignment tab select add pocket
Adjust compensation as required to show tool path offset by dia of tool "shown with red circles"

Attachment 249210

Note top and bottom levels filled automatically and set depth of cut to thickness of saw blade in this case 0.062

Attachment 249212

Rough step parameters sets the depth of cut for each pass in the xy plane

Attachment 249214

Verify number of passes and other parameters

Extend 2d tool paths to clear approach and return of tool by the diameter of tool as distance
Very important or collisions will happen and it wont check out
"shown in yellow and red highlight lines"

Attachment 249216

Run and verify tool paths

Attachment 249218

if all checks out and setting are good with gouge detection on then

Attachment 249220

Then repeat with a new copy of 2d contour operation for each pocket or slot

Attachment 249222

Simulate

Attachment 249224

Generate g-code and test at mill

Attachment 249226

What you see is what you get

Saved this operation and named 2d contour Arbor saw hss for easy addition to any cam models that will require this.

A key habit I have NOTES "what you see above I copied directly and pasted it for others to use"

Added all the visual clips and notes above to my m.s. ONE NOTE program for easy reference on future projects under sprutcam arbor saw setup.
now I can quickly review and set this up all from my notebook and cam program

I enjoy learning using videos as a medium but find concise information like above more valuable then face time so many videos have these days.
Just my opinion
Hope this helps

md