Hi everyone,

I just received my Laser cutter/engraver, and I would like to share my experience, as some members requested that in the past.

It is a RedSail, M700 with an upgraded 80 W tube. It includes the water chiller, exhaust blower and compressor. It also has the ‘Red Dot” option, but I would not recommend buying that option, as it more like a 1mmx2mm line rather than a dot, which makes it fairly useless.

I live in Edmonton, Canada. My current price was around 3000US$, which included the machine itself, Sea transportation to Vancouver (West coast), then ground transportation to Edmonton.
I had to use a broker, so on top of the 3000$, be prepared to “invest” an extra 500$ for:

• Custom charges
• Broker’s fee
• Docking’s fees
• Terminal’s fees
• Warehouse’s fees
• Other fees that they will invent by then….

I must admit that the machine was very well packed. They made a wooden box, and nothing was broken inside…The tube was even more protected !!!

Installation instructions are close to being non-existent. They provide a CD, that has some videos on it (with mortally annoying music), some Word/PDF documents, but not a list that you can go thru. You need to be familiar with Ikea furniture, to be comfortable with the process !

Aligning the mirrors is the trickiest part, and the provided explanation gives you an idea on where to start, but could be more precise…

Anyway, after 2-3 hours, I finally cut my first part. Went surprisingly well !

I had to re-adjust the square of the machine, as it was off by approx. 4mm over 300mm ! That means that I had to re-adjust everything from scratch….

Then, I realized that one of the mirror’s bracket was not properly located, which caused issues when the beam was travelling to its full extension…complete re-adjusting again …

Now, it’s pretty well aligned. I must have spent 6-7 hours total, figuring out how, and aligning everything, but that was expected, and I believe, a normal step !

Conclusion:

am I satisfied ? the answer is YES

I dealt with Iris from Red sail, and she was great. Strangely (!), communication are a bit slower now than before I buy, but still reasonable !

If anyone has questions, don’t hesitate to E-mail me (French or English) at : [email protected]