587,003 active members*
2,850 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: kflop/kanalog tacho signal

It moves!!!

(It would be nice if you add KFLOP/Kanalog/Dynomotion tags to your videos)

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Yes, finally :-)

Ok, i will add tags on vidoes later when there is more to show.

Question about Konnect and opto outputs in general.
    I have initalized the Konnect board and when i toggle check mark in the I/O tab in Kmotion the led's at the respective output.

Is it possible to use the output as a switch. To close a connection. I tested with a ohm meter for getting a closed connection between + & - poles on the output when active(led on).
    But i don't get a connection between poles.

And the same with the DAC. If i set DAC0=-200 in console. It says close to 1v on the analog output screen. Bit when i mesure between DAC0 and GND there is no reading.

Am I missunderstanding this compleatly or is there aome setting that needs to be set first.

/Lars

Hi Lars,

The Konnect Outputs should operate much like a switch. They can switch up to 30V @ 0.25A. The output is basically a darlington transistor which will have a few tenths of a volt drop (not zero volts like a mechanical switch would have). So an Ohmmeter may not indicate zero ohms as it probably is only applying a small voltage to measure resistance.

DAC0=-200 should output +1V on the DAC 0 Pin relative to Kanalog GND. Not sure why you don't see it. Is the Kanalog LED on indicate it is enabled? Make sure no KFLOP Axis is enabled and writing to the DAC otherwise any command you send will be immediately over written.

Regards
    TK

Hi Tom

The outputs and DAC are working correclty, I had a bad voltmeter (multimeter).

Now to another question. This is more of issue programming.

I started up my old Fanuc spindle drive for Fanuc DC spindle model 3. I ran it with the DAC output successively. But the drive originally was driven by a 12 bit binary input. Input 12 different cables with +20 VDC och 0 VDC, to activate pre programmed speed in the drive. And to get automatic gearshift. I´m thinking of using another Konnect board for this.

Is there a way to set 12 different outputs simultaneously, state on or off, like with a stack. Speed[12] = 000011110000;

and then setbit clearbit for all of them at the same time.

I will make a build thread for this project soon to show my progress.

/Lars

Hi Lars,

The Konnect Bits are stored int Virtual Bits which exist as 32-bit integers in KFLOP Memory. If you wire the 12 bits up in the proper order to set a pattern like 000011110000 (which is hexadecimal 0x0F0 or decimal 240) you could do:

InitAux();
    AddKonnect(0,&VirtualBits,VirtualBitsEx);

VirtualBits=240;

To set them all at the same time write 4095.

T clear them all at the same time write 0

HTH
    Regards
    TK
    TK

Excellent!

I will put an order for a second Konnect board.

Thank you!

The second Konnectboard is now connected and the old Fanuc Spindle drive and Spindle motor is now running with the Konnectboard. The Virtualbits thing works great! I can now use the preprogrammed speeds in the drive width having 12 bits connected throug 0-11 opto-out on the Konnect.

Doing a lot of wiring with ATC and the rest of the relays.

Question about the WatchDog or ChargePump. What is the sole purpose of this? is it to monitor a Estop circuit for "stop" or to have it close a "Estop chain"? Am to connect it to the SWE pin on the Kanalog? Can I connect a Estop run by 24VDC directly to that pin?

I have connected like this:

1: +24VDC terminal on machine

2: Key on pendant

3: Estop button on pendant

4: Relay 24Vdc coil width 3 connection "lines"

4,1: Line to start Spindle drive, internal Estop circiut.
    4,2: Line to open power, 24Vdc, to optos on Konnect´s, drives relays for ATC and Gearshifts etc.
    4,3: Line to power 4 sets of contactors for servodrivepower, there I have limitswitches in series. (Thinking of adding a pushbutton to negate limitswitches so I can backoff limitswitch with it pressed down)

What I need now is to have all this connected to a program that can monitor the state of all this. Have a lot of avalible inputs on Konnect boards. Any ideas?

One more thing, can i drive a relay of 24VDC 36,9 mA throuh Opto-outputs on the Kanalog board or is it better to use SW0-7 for that? If that is true, Can I just use the +24VDC anywhere from a seperate transformer and connect it like this?

+24VDC --> relay --> SW0-7 on Kanalog.

What is the bit nr for the SWE?

/Lars

PS. pics will come soon.

Hi Lars,

The SWE signal on Kanalog is guaranteed to remain off and only becomes active after KFLOP has fully booted, is successfully communicating with Kanalog, and has initialized all the Outputs on Kanalog to an off state. Other Kanalog outputs may power up on for several seconds until Kanalog is fully initialized. So it is usually necessary to use SWE to disable power to everything else until after Kanalog is initialized. There is no IO Bit number for SWE. The SWE output is a relay driver output just like the other 8 relay drivers and is capable of driving a load upto 24V @ 1Amp. If a coil is driven it should have a reverse diode across the coil.

The opto outputs are only rated for 25ma. So to drive a 36.9ma coil you would need to use the Relay Driver Outputs. As you described: +24VDC --> relay --> SW0-7 on Kanalog but also with a reverse diode across the coil.

HTH
    Regards
    TK

Quote Originally Posted by LarsSweden View Post
    Hi

- after the rectifier, the manual, from CNCdrive, states 2000uF per amp over 80V.
    The Fanuc motor rates 108V and 12 A, 24000uF cannot be right?!?!??!?
    A bit late to the party here, but I think CNCdrive were quoting the cap value for 1phase rectification which has 100% ripple before smoothing, 3ph rectification on the other hand has much less ripple ~30% or less before smoothing.
    Therefore a much smaller cap is needed.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Smile Re: kflop/kanalog tacho signal

Ok, now I understand the SWE connection, thank you!

Started to mapp all the inputs this evening. Theres alot of them

I will attach a picture of a drawing, made in Paint, of how I think I should connect the inputs to Konnect boards. And the same to Kanalog Opto-inputs, only difference there is that there is no common line. I this right?

Attachment 260220

And here are some more pictures of my progress with the wiering. Only Outputs connected so far....

Servo drivers and transformers:
    Attachment 260222

Dynomotion boards:
    Attachment 260224

Fanuc spindle driver and relay connection panel:
    Attachment 260226

Still lots of cables to hook up.

Installed the computer and touchscreen to the pendant today also.

Any Ideas on what to have on the pendant? Right now I have E-stop mushroom button, Key-switch, USB input, 17" touchscreen with glass front.
    Maybe som indicator leds and perhaps the old jog wheel.

The old "jog wheel", cannot remember the correct name, has connections A, B, 0V and +5V pins. Possible to reuse it with Dynomotion setup? Or is it better to buy a lose pendant. Like this one: MPGs | Automation Technology Inc

/Lars

Hi Lars,

The input connections to Konnect look correct.

The Jog wheel should be useable. If it is only single ended (only has A B) then it will need to connect to a KFLOP encoder input rather than the Kanalog Differential inputs.

Regards,
    TK

Ok! Here is a pic from the connections of the Jog wheel. Only A and B so if I use it I will try to connect it to Kflop directly.

Got the switches working, the circuit drawing in the last post, to the Konnect board.

Tried to connect the 4 proximity switches in the same manner as the ordinary switches but did not get it to work. I have probably done some wiring error and I can´t really get my head around whats not working. First time connecting Proximity switches.

Its a Omron TL-XP5 with 3 wires. Black (-), Red (+) and White (-). It states DC 10-30V between Black and Red, and Load between Red and White.

This is how I have connected it:
    Attachment 260482

Cannot find any datasheets for the proximity switch either...

Picture of Proximity Switch:
    Attachment 260484

Picture of Jog Wheel:
    Attachment 260486

Anyone here who has connected something like this? Don´t really want to tinker with it to much and end up burning up the Konnect Board.

/Lars

Hi Lars,

I think if you change the Konnect Common to +24V (the sensor sinks to GND when it drives) it should work.

Regards
    TK

It works.

A clip with the atc doing a cycle: Atc test OKK mcv-300 - YouTube

Over to another issue. Is it possible to have ex VirtualBits = 4095 only affecting the first 12 bits? 0-11 output on the Konnect board.
    When doing the above cmd it zeros the rest of the bits that I have connected to some other equipment.

Maybe something like this:

VirtualBits[0,,11] = 4095

Another thing. Any thougts on howto store what is were in the ATC magazine? Tools switches place and there are no sensor or indicator on where the magazine is at. Someone done anything like this?

Thanks for all the help!

Hi Lars,

Very cool and thanks for tagging us in the video.

To effect only the bottom 12 bits try something like:

VirtualBits = (VirtualBits & ~0xFFF) | 4095;

This "ANDs" out the bottom 12 bits (keeping the rest) then "ORs" in the new lower 12 bits.

This should be performed within microseconds after a WaitNextTimeSlice() to guarantee that the sequence is not interrupted. Otherwise there is a chance that some other changes can get lost. The hazard only can occur if something other than this Thread modifies Virtual Bits (classic interrupted while read/modify/write problem).

No simple ideas on how to keep track of the tools.
    Regards
    TK

ok, I think I understand. So for example,

float speed = *(float *)&persist.UserData[0]; //Get speed from S function in KmotionCNC

int speedtocontrol = (int)speed * 1.17; //Need to multiply with a factor of 2.17 for highgear to get the right speed on spindle

WaitNextTimeSlice();

VirtualBits = (VirtualBits & ~0xFFF) | speedtocontrol;

S function is the only program that will run VirtualBits, well I set it in the init file to 0 on startup.

On the Tool issue, the T command/function in KmotionCNC. how does it work? There is no program start for this right, like the S. How to call tool from KmotionCNC?

On the previous setup with Fanuc I could write, for ex T3, awhile before the M6 cmd to have the magazine rotate it so it has the next tool, in this case T3, on the right place in the mag for toolchange.

I will read throu the C program examples and see if i can find anything there.

/Lars

Hi Lars,

Regarding this line:

int speedtocontrol = (int)speed * 1.17; //Need to multiply with a factor of 2.17 for highgear to get the right speed on spindle

I believe it would be better to convert to integer after the floating point multiplication with:

int speedtocontrol = (int)(speed * 1.17); //Need to multiply with a factor of 2.17 for highgear to get the right speed on spindle

Regarding the T Command: No, nothing is executed until the M6. You might make another M code (with a parameter) such as M100Pxxx to rotate the magazine ahead of time.

Regards
    TK

Page 2 of 2 12