586,261 active members*
2,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Help Please XYZ 600X900X80W laser

My 2 yr old laser has packed a sad. was cutting and laser just stopped firing blew tube ouch!, replaced tube (Reci) new controller MPC6525A and new power pack Reci 80w. my machine now fires laser as soon as it is turned on. the 3 lights on the power unit also stay on when machine is turned on. when i disconnect the the 3 wire plug that goes into the laser cutter controller on the top right hand side (laser) the machine appears to run as it should (minus the ability to usr the laser) hmmmm frustrating stuff, any ideas would be welcomed. PS i am in queensland sunshine coast Australia

Re: Need Help Please XYZ 600X900X80W laser

hi
    you must read on the tube what kind of laser in .. maybe you must change the tube again if you try to work on it with that hard fair ..
    check the name gas on you new tube if a co2 or not ..
    then move the axis until move the tube then try to move it .. turn on and tell me what s happened ..

Hi Ralphie1 Sounds like your wiring is wrong to your power supply. Check to make sure it is yellow, red, black in your first port and in second starting from left to right from the 3 hole yellow, white, white and green and blue. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie1 View Post
    My 2 yr old laser has packed a sad. was cutting and laser just stopped firing blew tube ouch!, replaced tube (Reci) new controller MPC6525A and new power pack Reci 80w. my machine now fires laser as soon as it is turned on. the 3 lights on the power unit also stay on when machine is turned on. when i disconnect the the 3 wire plug that goes into the laser cutter controller on the top right hand side (laser) the machine appears to run as it should (minus the ability to usr the laser) hmmmm frustrating stuff, any ideas would be welcomed. PS i am in queensland sunshine coast Australia
    Hi ,guys

i think you need check the wires connection on the mainboard and the PSU . pay attention to the TL,or TH ,you connect on the power supply .
    for more help , please upload photos on the mainboard and PSU.

Frank
    co2 laser machine&parts. tubes,lens,mirrors,DSP control systems ,powers etc .
    Email/Skype:[email protected]:86-18516298692.

thank you for the reply's, i have rewired power supply unit and all is now good. i just need to reload my old software and fingers crossed. once again thanks for your help