Hi all,

This is a recurring thread, but I hope the specifics of my question warrant starting a new one.

I run a company in Madrid, Spain, in which I use a SCM Pratix Z5, 5 axis CNC machine, with a 3x1,5m worktable.

I make all sorts of furniture and pieces, there is little repetition, so I need something flexible, that allows me to do 5 axis interpolation easily. Since this is a business and luckily growing, I am prepared to spend money on the software, I'm not looking for a budget/pirated solution, but for a top of the line software, that comes with training and support.

In Europe most people seem to take Alphacam as the only option, but thanks to CNCzone, I do wonder if that's the best option for me. I would like a software that allows me to do whatever I can think of, and ideally with a cabinet making solution, whereby I tell it sizes of a cabinet, joinery I wish to use, and it will generate a cutting list and all programs without having to tell it where I can this drill, that dowel or whatever.

Please let me know if you require any more information to respond. So far I have asked Alphacam and Mastercam for quotes, but welcome any advice. I don't want to spend 12K on a software to find out a few months down the line that it wasn't the ideal option!

Thanks,

Marcos