Hi TKamster,
Yep, that is exactly what I am trying. The screen you are talking about is the second tab of the DCTool Status. It shows the encoder counts. When I'm hooked up to the 80V amp, I can spin the shaft and see the encoder counting (spin it very slowly and I can see the increment or decrement). When I hook *the same encoder, wiring harness, etc) to the 160V guy, I don't see any counting action going on (although if I monitor the encoder with a scope, I can definitely see the toggling there). The count is rock solid at 0. :-( Obviously this leads to an error while tuning the amp because there is no feedback. I don't actually see much in the manual that would cause the amp to not "see" the pulses that are clearly there (on the scope). The setup I'm using is the same as the 80V amp, so scaling (the only thing I can see that could cause a problem) is the same on both amps... plus, I've confirmed that there are legitimate scaling values (although nothing has been tuned so I cannot say any of the params are correct).

Alan