I have one VSD-E 160V drive and two VSD-E 80V drives that I'm using for a Hurco KMB-1 machine retrofit. The servos are brush type. Sadly, I've had nothing but trouble. I have been having issues trying to tune one the 80V drives (first attempt), to the point where I've wondered if I have something wrong. So, I decided to move to the 160V drive. However, I cannot get *any* encoder response on that drive at all. It always shows up as '0'. I have a motor on the ground so that I don't have to worry about runaway situations, and I can manually move the shaft. I don't have any high voltage power on , atlhough when I did, I still didn't have any encoder change.

I know the wiring is correct because I can simply move the encoder from the 160 to 80V amps and then then I see encoder action. So... wiring is fine.... Any ideas?

Thanks.

[on edit: I'm loading the same configuration for both the 80V and 160V, so the issue shouldn't be one of setup I don't think. Plus, I don't see anything in the DCTool that allows one to enable or disable the encoder monitoring)